Please help a tarantulas life.

Cranker

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, today i have terrible news, and i need ANYONES ideas/input.

My T. Blondi is dying i fear.

So here's the story.

I got my t. Blondi about a year and a half ago, healthy as ever, running around like crazy, eating healthy. all is well.

However, about a month ago, i changed her cage, to a bit smaller one, because my Apt complex says that the cage is to big. so i put her in the new one, all is well for about 3 weeks.

Sunday night I returned from hunting, i was gone since Thursday, i noticed she was in her burrow, kinda balled up, i figured she was just chilling, not doing to much. so i let it go, today, i return from work, and i see her with all of her legs balled up underneath her, in the middle of the cage. as i approached her i think she could tell something was coming at her, and that's when my heart was broken.

She struggled so hard to uncurl her legs and walk away. as she did so, she was tripping over her own body, as if she was too weak to go on. after struggling for about 2 mins to go about 2 feet in distance, she finally collapsed in the corner, curling her legs back under her.

after panicking and trying to diagnose the problem, i reptifoggered the cage. when my roommate got home, i asked if he had fogged the cage each day while i was gone.

he "forgot"

that was for only 4.5/5 days without moisture.

I dont really think this is the problem. but at the same time, ive never, not fogged the cage every day. or for that long for that matter.

The only other thing, that worried me that it could be, was that there was mold in a corner that i had missed removing, had not noticed it until i switched cages.

However that was a month ago.
could mold even be a factor a month later?

i dont know guys, the care i have for this great girl, (Zenia) is all standard and by the book.

but these two things really bother me.

PLEASE anyone with any input with saving her, or help, or ideas. speak up, im trusting arachnoboards to help me with this problem. because you guys have helped me in the past. anything helps,

I don't think she has much time.

Thank you.

captmarga

Arachnobaron
I am sure many others will ask this question as well. Is the fogger her only moisture source? No water dish? Depending on the size of the T, it's usually recommended to use a water dish, as they really do drink from them as needed. Fogging alone might not be enough moisture.

Unless you think that she is near molting, putting her in an ICU with her mouth in a water dish (small bottle cap or flat lid) might help to save her. If she is near molting, moving her is bad.

Photos might help, as well. Can you post any photos?

Marga

Cranker

Arachnopeon
Sorry, forgot to mention that.

Well Basic info.

Shes about 2.5/3 years old

she molted about 3 months ago.

no its not her own moisture source, she has about a 2 in' diameter water bowl. however i think it was dried out by the time i got home.

2oCHEVYo0

Arachnosquire
Well, it is obviosly not a molt if she did 3 months ago... Hurry up and get her into an ICU before it's too late. I've seen some pretty amazing recoveries from placing them in an ICU. Make sure it's fairly moist and that the bottle cap is there to drink from. Unfortunatly that's all you can do, and pray I suppose.

AmbushArachnids

Arachnoculturist
Old Timer
I would put her into a big icu. Try to keep her in a warm dark room. Put her in front of the water dish or her mouth parts in the dish if she is too weak to move. Good luck! Keep us updated.

Musicwolf

Arachnoknight
I've never kept blondi's, but I've read plenty of the threads from the people that do. They are considered "Swamp Dwellers" so I'm thinking dehydration is a definite issue. I would immediately get her into a truly moist ICU with a good sized water dish. Help her get started drinking by putting her mouth right in the water - she won't drown. I've heard that a dehydrated blondi can drink for hours. I hope she pulls through and we get a good report from her . . . . then you can teach your roommate how important proper care is for a big Tarantula.

GForce14063

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I would put her into a big icu. Try to keep her in a warm dark room. Put her in front of the water dish or her mouth parts in the dish if she is too weak to move. Good luck! Keep us updated.
This is a high humidity creature do what was suggested and if you have a syringe type instrument to squirt water in the mouth parts.