Playing with the usb Microscope

Vikingsblood

Arachnopeon
Just got a notification that mine was delivered today, will definitely play around with it tonight when I get home. Maybe get some up close pics of some baby B. smithi's and post them up.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
@AphonopelmaTX
Can you move the whole thread into the Through the lens forum? Seems it would fit there better than the watering hole.
One of these may be my next investment. Great shots everyone!

Trenor

Arachnoprince
@AphonopelmaTX
Can you move the whole thread into the Through the lens forum? Seems it would fit there better than the watering hole.
One of these may be my next investment. Great shots everyone!
The only problem with that is no one goes to through the lens nearly as much as here. I'd like to keep this one for mostly tarantula stuff and we can make a new one over there for other non T related stuff. Maybe we could change the title To: Playing with the usb Microscope Looking At Tarantulas or something.

Given some of your photos on here you should. I would like to see what you put out. :)

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Yeah.... that is true. I was thinking we could keep it to a minimum. Maybe I should start a general one in the watering hole :)
Tag me when you do! I'd love to contribute.

Well, since we're sticking to tarantulas... emboli! I've got two sets here, one from a C. fimbriatus and one from an E. uatuman. The C. fimbriatus was severely desiccated, he's been dead for about a month now. The E. uatuman only died a few days ago, so he's still fairly fresh. Regardless, note how different the emboli look. The C. fimbriatus' is very short and stumpy while the E. uatuman's is quite long, much longer than it's fangs.

C. fimbriatus:
2017-06-07-16-12-35.jpg

2017-06-07-16-12-53.jpg

2017-06-07-16-13-38.jpg

E. uatuman:
2017-06-07-16-18-49.jpg

2017-06-07-16-19-15.jpg

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek

Well, since we're sticking to tarantulas... emboli! I've got two sets here, one from a C. fimbriatus and one from an E. uatuman. The C. fimbriatus was severely desiccated, he's been dead for about a month now. The E. uatuman only died a few days ago, so he's still fairly fresh. Regardless, note how different the emboli look. The C. fimbriatus' is very short and stumpy while the E. uatuman's is quite long, much longer than it's fangs.

C. fimbriatus:
View attachment 242656

View attachment 242657

View attachment 242658

E. uatuman:
View attachment 242659

View attachment 242660

I recognize those E. uatuman emboli :)

Trenor

Arachnoprince

C. fimbriatus:
View attachment 242656

View attachment 242657

View attachment 242658

E. uatuman:
View attachment 242659

View attachment 242660
Very nice shots. It nice to see them up close like that. I did not realize some of them had such long hook-like pieces on their emboli. Good stuff.

@EulersK The new thread is up for non T stuff Here.

Vikingsblood

Arachnopeon
Well, I got mine but it wont work with my phone, (Galaxy S7). Phone is compatible but when i plug it in it just wont work, may try uninstalling/re-installing the app. The scope works on my laptop but im having issues being smart enough how to save images to share. I never claimed to be tech inclined lol.