Playing with the usb Microscope Open Thread

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well, since the original tarantula thread was such a big hit I figured I'd start up this one. You're welcome to post any of your non-tarantula related usb microscope shots and videos. I need to get better at the fine adjustment on this microscope.

I was looking for something to use for content for this first post and I noticed the gardenias were blooming. So I grabbed one, cut it up with an X-acto knife and threw the pieces under the scope. I found some unexpected visitors so I grabbed a few short videos. For reference, the yellow sand it's on is pollen you can barely see with the naked eye.

It's hard to focus on tiny moving bugs. :D

Last edited:

AphonopelmaTX

Staff member
Last edited:

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Here are a few random pictures of various prepared slides taken with a cheap AmScope compound microscope and iPhone. I know not a USB microscope, but I couldn't resist.

View media item 41596
View media item 41595
View media item 41594
View media item 41593
Below picture is of the same slide as the one above but using a do-it-yourself darkfield illumination. Taken with a Canon EOS SL1 DSLR with AmScope microscope adapter.
View media item 41592
Nice, I wish my USB microscope would go higher in it's magnification.

keks

Arachnobaron
Today I got my new USB microscope, because my old one didn't work with my new laptop. No driver available, no chance.
I played around with the molt of Ephebopus cyanognathus (was about 1.5 cm) and Acanthoscurria geniculata (the same size)^^.

comp_1Snap_001.jpg

comp_1Snap_002.jpg

comp_1Snap_003.jpg

comp_1Snap_004.jpg

No need for double-pics ^^.

Last edited: