Playing Hide and Seek with My Thrixopelma ockerti

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
One of the first things I do, when I get home from work in the evening, is check on all the eight legged family.
I couldn't find my T. ockerti inside their enclosure. I was really concerned. I knew that there was no way that they could get out, and that they had to be in there somewhere, but for the life of me I couldn't find them. And yes, I had my glasses on.
Finally found the sneaky little devil and breathed a huge sigh of relief.
They sure have some awesome camouflage going on.
_DSC8179-2-2.jpg
_DSC8181-2.jpg

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
She's even curled up, like she's hiding under the sink :D

I bet the pitter patter of little cricket feet would have lured her out.

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
She's even curled up, like she's hiding under the sink :D
I bet the pitter patter of little cricket feet would have lured her out.
Don't you know it. The feeding response on this little beauty is unbelievable.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
They seem really sensitive to light and whenever I go to in the room to feed the Ts I see them scarper and hide.

Their enclosures are first to be seen and I catch a glimpse of their red (one bald) butts doing a runner.

They are amazing at hiding away though. When the tubs get opened I need to stare at the enclosure like 'wheres Waldo' too hehe

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I wished that I had rehoused this little one sooner because they really do love all their clutter. I feel badly that I left them in the vial they came in as long as I did... even though it was only a month.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
yeah the key to a happy ockteri is JUNGLE GYM :rofl:

They love being off the ground then at the slightest vibration its back to the burrow heheh

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I wished that I had rehoused this little one sooner because they really do love all their clutter. I feel badly that I left them in the vial they came in as long as I did... even though it was only a month.
Messy little monkeys aren't they. :) Love them though.