Plastic smell.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
I got a few plastic boxes for my arrivals coming soon but placed them all inside the largest container and left them in there overnight so I knew where everything was. Only problem is I've realised the larger box has a very strong plastic smell and that smell has kind of rubbed off on the other containers. The smaller containers are all food grade plastics but the larger one seems to be some kind of outdoors sturdy plastic but I can't find the little symbol that says what type of plastic. It's a Kingsmann brand for anyone curious.

I'll be drilling holes in them tomorrow and I'll be washing them out with warm water but, should I be worried that this plastic smell is there and has rubbed off on the other containers? Or is the smell purely residual and not too much to worry about?

The Snark

Dumpster Fire of the Gods
Old Timer
The smaller containers are all food grade plastics
According to what certification agency and what is their annual kick-back budget?
but the larger one seems to be some kind of outdoors sturdy plastic but I can't find the little symbol that says what type of plastic.
That's a hint.
No telling. Residue from the manufacturing process or leaching out of the plastic? Caution advised.

Serpyderpy

Arachnosquire
According to what certification agency and what is their annual kick-back budget?

That's a hint.
No telling. Residue from the manufacturing process or leaching out of the plastic? Caution advised.
I probably won't be using the larger tub as I've realised it's way too big for what's going to go in it, and the smell has made that decision a bit easier. The other plastic tubs I have used before for my animals with no issues so I'm not worried about them being detrimental to their health. I'm mostly just worried about the fact they smell of plastic now... although since it's not them that originally smelled or are leaching the smell I think they should be okay after I have washed them out.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
If your smaller tubs are food grade then do the warm water thing and leave in the sun for a day or two to help neutralize the smell

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
If your smaller tubs are food grade then do the warm water thing and leave in the sun for a day or two to help neutralize the smell
"Leave in the sun for a couple of days" .in the UK - chance would be a good thing, maybe July or August if we're lucky.

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
"Leave in the sun for a couple of days" .in the UK - chance would be a good thing, maybe July or August if we're lucky.
Haha. Ok then, never thought of that. I use the sun a lot as a natural disinfectant (after washing) for plastic plants, logs, enclosures etc just something I take for granted over here