Planning a little local socal hunt..

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
any possible date yet? i want to make sure that i dont make any plans for that day lol

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
any possible date yet? i want to make sure that i dont make any plans for that day lol
no date set, currently. I'm assuming the best time for everyone would be during spring break. We'll, unless some of you are planning on partying for a whole week. Haha..

im available virtually 24/7, so im open to any date, really. Hopefully we get a blitz of heavy rain in time for this.

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i was hoping it would be sooner than that haha i've never been on a hunt so im pretty excited lol

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
Well, is there a specific date we can all agree on? I'm cool with what everyone else decides on, so let's set a date, first, THEN we can decide where we want to go.

iamthegame06

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
im down for whenever! as long as you guys give me a heads up a few days prior just to make sure that im free that day :D

korg

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
First weekend of February would be fine with me. Posting back and forth on this thread was a good way to identify interested parties, but we might want to switch to an email thread or something for the details of scheduling. I imagine that would be more efficient.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
First weekend of February would be fine with me. Posting back and forth on this thread was a good way to identify interested parties, but we might want to switch to an email thread or something for the details of scheduling. I imagine that would be more efficient.
I totally agree. we all need to get together in a group chat and discuss this.. I dont use skype, though.. something else will have to do.

Facebook? marcus.bullock.35. is my facebook address.

josh_r

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I am not available for the trip as I don't live there anymore, but I can give some great spots to go looking for specific species.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I haven't heard anything and it was tentatively set for this Sunday. Although I'm thinking/hoping it might be postponed because of how cold it's been lately.
I sent you a text earlier today. Saturday is the scheduled day. If we dont go this weekend, the santa anas that are following this system will kick up and dry everything back out. There is a possibility the trails may be closed, though, however, as the rain we had so far was light BTW it was supposed to be saturday,actually lol. PM me if my text didnt go through.

iamthegame06- I'm not sure if there will be room for you, but I will see what's going on. Perhaps one of the other members that expressed interest in this hunt can give you a ride? If I had a car, i'd gladly give ya a ride, but alas..

I'm not releasing the place publicly, only by PM, because there are alot of poachers that will find the area, and ruin it for everyone, sadly.. Not all of us are responsible and careful when it comes to over-collecting.

I'll be sending some PM's right now.

Last edited:

Smokehound714

Arachnoking

This place is insane after good rains, probably one of the lushest, greenest parts of Orange county, lots of wildlife, mule deer are very plentiful here, you can sometimes see large groups just off the trail.

Titandan

Arachnopeon
Hey guys,

I would like to go but I will only be able to do it in May or later. Aren't the summer months the best to go looking for desert dwelling species or spiders and scorps?

Just wondering.

Take care!
-dan

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
I actually prefer spring, as i not only target arachnids, but also insects, myriapods, and the like.

Titandan

Arachnopeon
SoCal Early Summer Field Trip...

But would you guys be down to go sometime in May or June?

kellakk

Arachnosquire
I know Smokehound and I hunt constantly, so we'd be good to go whenever. Hopefully we get some nice humid weather (maybe a freak tropical storm...) by then so animals will be out.

Smokehound714

Arachnoking
we're actually getting some rain very soon.

let's hope we get at least another inch of rain soon..

What i REALLY want to do is hit the deserts in summer..

Especially pima county.. that place is heaven to me. If anyone wants to go there, shoot me a PM.

I should be able to pitch in on gas.