Piranhas...who has them?

Bigboy

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Just make sure that you don't put the fish (Piranha) in there until the tank is fully cycled. 20 gallons really isn't that much water and so what would normally be slight fluctuations in water chemistry become big ones and that is dangerous. Just make certain that the tank is properly cycled and has a full compliment of beneficial micro organisms before you go ahead and add the sanchezi. A piranha has a much heavier bioload on a tank than a few danios. You've probably read this already but it is worth repeating I think.

mrbonzai211

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I had a black piranha which is one of the largest species(mine was about the size of a dinner plate), but he was a jerk. He would bite goldfish in half and just leave them in the tank to slowly die and he bit my finger nail off so the a-hole had to go.

Ewok

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I htink it is interesting how small charchins (sp) like serpae tetras or somthing eat the same way as thier piranhas relatives.

I imagine though a three week cycle would be enough, since you already have fish in there. The bacteria should be coloinzed pretty well by that time. Live plants would also help cycle, anubias, and java moss are nice if you have low light, and hardy too.

Last edited:

Big Roc

Arachnopeon
Hello evryone, seeing how I joined this forum like a year ago I'd figure I"ll finally become a part of it{D I am one of the owners of Massive Aggresion, and If you are looking for Piranhas or any other aggressive fish you know where to come now. We are located in Johnston, R.I. and if you are in the area, make an appointment and stop by.