Pinktoes living communally

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Neat pic PTG! Hey, are they mature yet? ANy idea what sex they are?

Atrax

petitegreeneyes

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Atrax,
No they aren't mature yet but almost 100% sure Ebony is a girl, and not quite sure yet on Ivory. I also have two more together that I call Salt & Pepper and they are a male and female and are about the same size as my other two.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, I see. By the way, what sp. Are they?
What's feeding them in a communal setting like? Do you have a particular method of feeding or do you let them sort it out themselves?

Atrax :)

T

Tarantula

FOr my communal pinktoes I feed them with crickets only. And I feed them A LOT. Bother are pretty fat and they get along fine. THey are the same size which I think is very important. Whenever I think one of them is going into pre molt I will isolate them.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow Tarantula, that sounds just like how this other guy who used to come here kept his. Man! You should see what one of his roommates did with one of his T's, it was pretty gross. Some tings should never happen to a T.

Atrax

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ah yes pinktoes

Im amazed yours have built those web nests. You should see them in the wild. They scare people when they rest next to trees and a pinktoe comes running out.
Even in the wild I have never seen those web nests.:?
Maybe I should try looking harder next time I go.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Wow, that's interesting. I have never personally seen them in the wild but i have seen pics of Avics in the wild that show the common tube web that is characteristic of many captive Avics. All my captive Avics (of a few different sp.) do it too.

Atrax

Bob the thief

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I cant wait till my next trip im going to try to find wild versicolors.

although...
the trip is going to cost me around $1,200......

without my equipment..

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
wow thats cool how big of an encloser are they in? did you introduce them as slings? I have read about doing P.regalis in comunal(spelling) set ups. have you ever done that before

T

Tarantula

Originally posted by Atrax
Wow Tarantula, that sounds just like how this other guy who used to come here kept his. Man! You should see what one of his roommates did with one of his T's, it was pretty gross. Some tings should never happen to a T.

Atrax
Woah Atrax

Do explain more. Did he eat it or kill it or something?

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Tarantula,
Wouldn't it just be easier for you to just ask him yoursel...ahem...I mean yeah, his roommate was pretty dim as were all those around him. Y'see, this roommate guy put a tarantula in his ass and then the other guy (the one who had the communal Avics) took a picture of it. Pretty retarded, huh? Yeah, I thought so too. Fortunately, the T in the ass guy had his good buddy (his name was Johncen or something like that.) close by to pluck the urticating hairs out of his butt for him. I'm sure he gladly did so since they were good buddies and all. Oops, I'm rambling...anyhow...

Atrax

Last edited:

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
Heh heh Atrax pretty funny...he was an Ass. Crack more jokes like that will you. :D

John
];'P