PINK TOE WONT CLIMB GLASS OR SPIN WEB!!!

NikoPajacz1

Arachnopeon
Hello I’ve had a pink toe tarantula for almost a year now. About 4 months ago I rehoused had into a larger enclosure. An eco terra 12x12x18. I was in college and left her with my brother so I don’t know the exact time frame of when this stated happening but she seems to have lost the ability to climb glass walls she also hasn’t spun a web since the old enclosure. I’m very worried and have put as many fake leaves and logs in the enclosure as possible so she is less stressed. Can anyone tell me why this has happened and if there is anything else I can do.

Side note: I’ve heard multiple pink toes can be housed together is this true?

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Sounds like the inability to climb could be premolt, their feet can get worn out and slippy before a molt. Is it still eating?

I'd double and triple check your husbandry, and if you're 1000% sure it's not a basic husbandry problem, look for other sources of stress. Bright lights? Loud noises? Frequent feeding attempts? Handling? Keep the enclosure in a dark, quiet place, provide fresh water, and attempt feeding once a week at most.

As for keeping them together, I've never heard of a successful Avic communal, and I wouldn't attempt one. Communals can go very wrong, very quickly, and you can easily end up with cannibalism and dead spiders.