Pink Toe & Poss.....Egg Sac

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
OK here's the deal I may receive a Pink Toe (Avicularia avicularia) for rehabbing a sick Boa for a Local pet shop. Now on to the question I know that these type T's are able to live in colony type cages sometimes. This local store had a male and female living together for a while now until today I found him in very bad shape hardly moving and missing leg's only to discover them in the female's webbing structure. So here's the question are the T's known to have the attitude toward a mate (date & dinner?) as some other Arachnid's? She is a very large female and is very fat and from what the guy says is docile she just like's to jump from your hand to your shirt if handled. Is it possiable that the ol' boy sprung a date on her and died after making a deposit? And if she does produce an egg sac what would I do with it?? Would any of you be interested in taking it off my hands if so??

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm sure many of us would love to try to hatch out the eggsac.
My question is why wouldn't you? Its a great project to take on.
You could do it..:) But if its just something you dont want to do, put good ol MrT on top of the list.
Well, after Arachniphile that is..

Arachniphile

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
By the sounds of it a sac is quite possible. There are lots of people here that can help you with whatever direction you decide to take. I'd certainly have a plan in mind of whatever your going to do just in case. That is provided you get the spider...

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Certainly it's possible, but she may have just tried to take a bite out of him without mating, as well. If she does produce an eggsac, I'd say try your hand at hatching it out. Avicularia are generally known for having very low numbers of offspring, sometimes in the 20-50 range, all factors considered. The ordeal of moving hatchlings, especially through mail, might be worse than trying to hatch them out.

Bill

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well Like I said I haven't received the T yet and not even sure if she is going to produce an egg sac but if so I'll be sure to inform everyone!