pik toe t's..keep more than one

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i have been thinking about purchasing a pink toe tarrantula or two.i read you can put them together in a tank as long as there is adquit food . so how many of u have actualy had one eat the other one. are there any step i can take to prevent this or is it best to keep them seperated

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Some of the pinktoes, as well as some of the ornamentals, can be kept in groups. I don't know what the success rate is, but I do know that any time you choose to do this you are taking a risk. Is it a risk you are willing to take? Personally, the only time I let them live together is for breeding, then it is only a few days to a week at most, then they get separated.
If you are willing to end up with a possibly eaten or injured T, it can be done. I don't feel comfortable taking the chance.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
It's not anywhere near that easy, there IS no 100% or even very likely guarantee, and even then they can only live together peacefully until the day they decide they can't. Why waste a perfectly good second tarantula?

wonderwes

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yeeah

yeah i wont do it ..i just didnt know what the success rate was but know if thats the case i wont do it thanks