Picture of my newly found orphaned baby opossum!

Shelob

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Customer of mine found this little guy at a construction site, since I work at a pet store he wanted someone good with animals to take care of him. I accepted the offer and began researching the topic. Found that they should be fed moistened dog food when they are little like this one is, but he wants no part in that! He instead is having a grand ol' time with my B. dubia roaches that I breed. He has eaten about 6-7 of them! He chases them down like a kitten and crunches them up, it's pretty damn cute.

Anyone have any info to share on taking care of the little critter?

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
they are so cute when they are little. they will eat about anything. i tried to make a pet out of one when i was 17. the mother was run over and one little one lived through it. it got about 5 months old and it didnt like me any more. so i put on the leather gloves and took it out and turned him loose.
mine loved raw chicken and fish. and cat food.

AviculariaLover

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Awww how lucky! My dad has said he's always wanted to find a baby opossum. I've had a sugar glider so I guess that's kind of close :}

Good luck with the lil guy, maybe take a movie of it chasing the roaches to share?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
If your going to raise it up you have to think what it will be like if you release it, It will have an obvious lack of fer of humans and probably become a nusance animal

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Opossums are so cute at a young stage! I wish you the best of luck on caring for the little fella.