Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Pics

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by leiurus, Jul 3, 2004.

1. Hoosier

Hoosier Arachnobaron Old Timer

Advertisement
    Hey leiurus cool scorps. How long have you had the spadix for and how big is it?

2. prang11

prang11 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Wow you really pulled this one out of the dirt.

3. Predator

Predator Arachnobaron Old Timer

Yea this threads very old. It says he was active a few days ago but I dont think he posts much.

4. dubaiboyz

dubaiboyz Arachnopeon

wow oh wow this is so great. thanks for sharing your collection hope you could post more. it's great. thanks

5. ~Abyss~

~Abyss~ Arachnoking Old Timer

This thread is ancient.

6. talljosh003

talljosh003 Arachnodemon

its kinda retro haha

7. JustPassingThru

JustPassingThru Arachnopeon

Northwest Georgia Scorpions

I stumbled onto this website while searching for information on a particular scorpion. If this works right, the attached pictures should be clear enough.

I like in Northwest Georgia, Walker County, and these guys are found everywhere in this area. This is especially true if the area is heavily wooded.

Question: What is it's real name?

Attached Files:

• 111.JPG
      111.JPG
      File size:
      53.2 KB
      Views:
    • 110.jpg
      110.jpg
      File size:
      43.7 KB
      Views:
    • 112.JPG
      112.JPG
      File size:
      87.4 KB
      Views:
  8. Brian S

Brian S ArachnoGod Old Timer

Vaejovis carolinianus is what you have there

9. JustPassingThru

JustPassingThru Arachnopeon

Thank you!

If you can either tell me what they eat and how to care for them, OR, direct me to a site that explains all this, I wouldn't mind trying my hand at raising a few.

On a side note, another interesting thing I found on the property is a nest of European hornets (or so the county extension agent says). At first, we thought they were cicada killers but when I stumbled on the nest, I knew they were some kind of hornet because CKs aren't typically social creatures. Needless to say, they are HUGE and seem to enjoy buzzing the house lights at night.

Thanks again,

JPT

10. Koh_

Koh_ Arachnoangel Old Timer

is that o.pugnax?? looking nice :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.