Pics Of A Few Of My Critters

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my Haplopelma sp adult female. I rearranged her house to make it easier for her to burrow in case she is indeed gravid and she got very mad when I reintroduced her to her home.

Attachments

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is my freshly molted Usumbara. I am still unsire of the sex of this spider. It is very leggy so I am assuming it might be a male. We will see because if it is I am sure it will mature in its next molt. It is a beautiful spider though. Needs to put on some weight now.

Attachments

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
THis is not the best picture but my L parahybana was being shy when I took it. SHe is my big beast.

Attachments

deifiler

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
sweet! thats some mad photo shots there... shame im so terrible at takin photoes else id add to the collections :<

just wondering, but how big is your haplopelma? my female is tiny in comparison to my other females (infact shes around the same size as my male a.avicularia) yet she has laid an eggsack

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
SHe is 6 inches and maybe a tiny bit bigger than that. She is much bigger than her male boyfriend.

Lopez

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My Usambara has a similarly small looking abdomen - it just doesn't seem to be a very enthusiastic feeder. I'm hoping it will fatten up better now it's moulted.

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Mine was pretty fat before it molted. THey look way better when they eat a lot. Mine hasnt eaten since the molt though but when it does it will probably have its normal massive appetite.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by JacenBeers
SHe is 6 inches and maybe a tiny bit bigger than that. She is much bigger than her male boyfriend.
If you have an unidentified Hap species, how do you know which species of male to give her as a boyfriend?

Mojo Jojo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
He's probably refering to "aureopilosum" or "longipendum", which technically should be referred to as Haplopelma sp. in the case of "aureopilosum" as it hasn't been formally described yet and I guess maybe for "longipendum" as it is currently classified as a Cyriopagapus (wink wink).

Just a guess though.

Jon

JacenBeers

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Big Dragonfly hit the nail right on the head. I have discussed this issue a lot and I have tired it so I am not rally gonna descirbe all the details.

Mister Internet

Big Meanie Doo Doo Head :)
Arachnosupporter +
Originally posted by Big Dragonfly

Just a guess though.

Jon
Ok cool, so is this one a aureopilosum or longipendum? I know nothing about Haplos...

Raveness

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
lmao!!!!

That is so funny... My Haplopelma loves doing that every time I open her cage.

You have beauitful spiders. Great pics!

Originally posted by JacenBeers
This is my Haplopelma sp adult female. I rearranged her house to make it easier for her to burrow in case she is indeed gravid and she got very mad when I reintroduced her to her home.