Picked up some goodies today at Repticon ATL

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
Lots more Ts than I imagined would be there this year. I picked up a Pterinochilus Chordatus about 2.5-3" and of course I figured I'd join the ranks of OBT owners so I got one of those little angry guys too. I also grabbed up a Haplopelma Minax. Didn't go for a snake but ended up with a lovely white sided bull snake, some tangerine leopard geckos, black crown betta and white fan tail betta, pac man frog and some Halloween hissers. Pockets now empty lol. I went trying to find a R. Leachianus gecko baby or pair but no luck there.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
wow! sounds like someone had a good time! good luck with that OBT.

Tim Benzedrine

Prankster Possum
Old Timer
I had one as my second tarantula. Yep, back in those days there was no ladder system, those were for sissies! And we handled everything! Urticating hairs? We sprinkled those on our Wheaties for breakfast. And let me tell you, there were none of the silly substrate debates that you see today. Our tarantulas were kept on a bed of rusted nails and beer-can pull tabs. Communally!
Oh, and do you think we had resources like messageboards to share info with? No! We got OUR tarantula info scrawled on the bathroom stall walls at truck-stops. Keepers today are such babies!

Actually, there was little info on spiders and at that time, I didn't even know the difference between an OW and a NW. The spider did not live long kept like I kept my B. smithi.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Minax is possibly ever nastier than an OBT.
The adult female I had the 1St time in the hobby was and is to this day the meanest, nastiest tarantula I've ever had the pleasure of keeping and I kept a H crassipes at the same time that was a walk in the park in comparison

fowlmoodmandy

Arachnopeon
It's about 2" and wasn't much more than that. I also purchased the P. Lugardi mislabeled as P. chordates. Either way, I like it so I"m happy.