Photoshopped?!?!

Bear Foot Inc

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yep. :D
The frog photo was taken right up next to the camera and then photoshopped into the guy holding something...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Haha I have to agree, pretty good, but the only thing that really convinced me was, wheres the shadow. See the guys shadow, shouldn't there be some sign of a frog that big?

Gigas

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Picture looks a bit suspect (shadowing) but if that guy was say 5ft and a bit tall that would pretty much be a to scale pic

*EDIT* Novak beat me to the shadow comment

Crotalus

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I dont think so, cane toads grow to massive size and since he stretching that toad out by holding its hind legs it looks bigger

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
No shadow what so ever from the frog, but from the guy. PS BS!
Sloppy job arround the hands also.

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
agreed they could have PSed it a little better to make it convincing.. that would be awesome if there was a Cane Toad that big though!!

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
On super-close inspection (in Photoshop) the red area is way too sharp, appears cut and pasted. The yellow area has definitely been touched up with a smudge or rubber stamp tool. I would expect the frog's shadow to show on at least a bit of the guy's leg too.

Last edited:

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I don't think this was photoshopped but with the legs stretched stretched out it gives him a good length. Recently they did find a massive cane toad male the size of a small dog.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I don't think this was photoshopped but with the legs stretched stretched out it gives him a good length. Recently they did find a massive cane toad male the size of a small dog.
There is no shadow of the frog, plus after staring at the picture awhile you can just tell its fake. It seems completely out of proportion.

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I dont know if its photoshopped but if its not i want to get me one of those frogs. Where can i get one?

LeilaNami

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Actually I believe they're illegal to have since they're considered pests. They were intoduced into hawaii and now they overrun the place.

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
After fooling around with everything in photoshop, mainly the hue, light and saturation (which is an ameratur trick, nothing fancy) I would think it is a real picture. I do not doubt the picture gives false perception, but if it is PS'ed, it had to have been done by a very good professional. I saw no color discrepencies between warm and cool colors. And there is a shadow present between the mans right knee, and right arm, directly next to the toads leg.

Butttttttttttttttttt

A few things I noticed that I do question validity though are,
1. Date Modified:Yesterday, April 02, 2007, 2:59:21 PM
2. The photos exif data is completely erased.
3.the file name is labeled "medium" which means it had to have been run through PS at least once to crop/resize.

So I don't know. LOL

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Actually I believe they're illegal to have since they're considered pests. They were intoduced into hawaii and now they overrun the place.
i think they're perfectly legal, since places do sell them. we got a reptile store here on LI that's selling a bunch of them for $20 each.

TNeal

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
:eek: I don't know if the picture is fake or not. What I can tell you though is that the size is not that far off from some toads I have seen. Years ago I worked for a side show in a traveling carnival. Our exhibit were giant toads. They were massive and pretty near the size of the one in the picture. People used to pay good money to see them. On top of that they would purchase mice and small rats from us to feed to the toads. At the time I thought they were African Bullfrogs, but now that I am older and more experienced I am not sure what they are.:eek: