Phormictopus sp. green "all green" care?

Nandi

Arachnopeon
Hello!
I'm gonna get a sling Phormictopus sp. green "all green" beauty soon. I can't really find a care guide for this specie. Do anyone have experience or information about it? How big they can get? I heard they are very hardy and big, also quite aggressive.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Keep the same as you would P. cancerides

With most Phormic it will be large and aggressive.

Not sure on size with the 'greens' but the largest is P. atrichomatus that can reach 8.5 inches on average. Some even bigger.

Flexzone

Arachnodemon
Wouldn't they be kept like any other Phormictopus.. generous amount of slightly moist substrate, moderate ventilation along with a water-dish and hide as a shelter.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Watch your fingers doing maintenance. Always use long tongs for everything.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Hmmm. Is that a photo of a young female? I am not sure any others in the genus are as large as atrichomatus. I have aquired a pair of 'all green' recently but they are only 7cm DLS. So I cant vouch for adult size.

Here is a photo of my young female P. atrichomatus a moult ago.

IMG_7353.JPG

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hmmm. Is that a photo of a young female? I am not sure any others in the genus are as large as atrichomatus. I have aquired a pair of 'all green' recently but they are only 7cm DLS. So I cant vouch for adult size.

Here is a photo of my young female P. atrichomatus a moult ago.

View attachment 235875
I didn't know atrichomatus was the biggest of the genus. Well now I have to get one

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Cant wait till my female P. atrichomatus is that big! she is currently @ 4-5" and stays buried 90% of the time, scared of her shadow.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Are they really larger then P. cancerides? I was under the impression they were the largest of the genus.