Phormictopus cancerides

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I haven't been able to find any caresheets for Phormictopus cancerides can someone please give me a caresheet for these guys.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Here is the enclosure I made for it..Do I need more substrate or is this enough?

Ando55

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Way more substrate IMHO, it's a terrestrial, give it some padding..lol

Hedorah99

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
caresheets are garbage. Keep it like any other new world terrestrial. Way more substrate as they like to dig and will die if he falls from the top of that tank. Room temp, give him water, feed him a cricket of appropriate size once a week. And if thats a divided tank I would make damn sure there is zero gap between tanks or you are gonna lose one or both of them.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
caresheets are garbage. Keep it like any other new world terrestrial. Way more substrate as they like to dig and will die if he falls from the top of that tank. Room temp, give him water, feed him a cricket of appropriate size once a week. And if thats a divided tank I would make damn sure there is zero gap between tanks or you are gonna lose one or both of them.
yea i already checked it out.....its custom made by JEEP an AB member...I put two of my smallest T's in there over night..and everyone stayed where they were suppose to....and i used aboreals..so they'd be all over the corners and stuff....dont worry i dont have money to waste lol..

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
How big is that enclosure because it looks like it will be only a temporary housing for it because they can have a legspan as large as 7-8 inches and grow at a good speed.

Like Hedorah and Ando said get more substrate in there at least 4-5 inches. They are relatively hardy and good eaters.

ballpython2

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
How big is that enclosure because it looks like it will be only a temporary housing for it because they can have a legspan as large as 7-8 inches and grow at a good speed.

Like Hedorah and Ando said get more substrate in there at least 4-5 inches. They are relatively hardy and good eaters.
I did add more substrate my question now is do i mist the substrate and make it really moist then pat it down or just mist it and leave it alone?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Does it matter in two weeks time?

Anyhoo, My P. Cancerides likes it when I mist the substrate. I guess they like it better when it's humid.

Thoth

Arachnopharoah
Old Timer
I pat down down because otherwise the substrate settles after awhile and you end up having to add more to bring the level back up.