Phormic28's Hot Pepper Grow Log (2018-2019)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
New piece of peppery knowledge: if you drop a really hot pepper (470,000 SHU) on the floor and accidently step on it, the bottom of your foot will still burn like hell. The tougher skin doesn't seem to matter, or if it does, it doesn't help a lot. Same with if a fresh seed falls off the counter and lands between your toes. I'm wearing socks from now on when I process hot peppers lol.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Figured I’ll update how the plants look every week on Friday:
F3922247-F13C-4934-8BB3-6EE6597DDB7F.jpeg
Five have come up with leaves while a total of 12 of them are breaking the surface

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I knew I said I wouldn’t update this till Friday, but I’m excited at how my plants are growing!

Here’s the first group I planted that consists of:
6 Bahamian Beast Peach
3 Butch T x Jonah Yellow
You can tell that the first true leaves are starting to form!
89BCCD8C-77B7-450F-A48E-93D5393817BE.jpeg

Second group consists of:
Peach Naga
Peach Naga Cross White
Peachgum Tiger MAMP
09614FD7-4ED3-4F41-B852-6A1A5A69E73C.jpeg

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I need to get my seeds in the ground since I got a few packets this week. Figure if I start growing them now I can have them outdoors in a couple months and hopefully start getting peppers in March or April lol

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
I need to get my seeds in the ground since I got a few packets this week. Figure if I start growing them now I can have them outdoors in a couple months and hopefully start getting peppers in March or April lol
Depending on the pepper, you could have them in a shorter amount of time! Some peppers produce after 80 days while others 100+.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Depending on the pepper, you could have them in a shorter amount of time! Some peppers produce after 80 days while others 100+.
Yep, hypothetically I should have some sooner since I purposely picked a couple short ones to try to beat the summer heat. One of the bells(?), Oda, is supposed to only take 70 days, so super fast! Now I just need a bigger balcony...I think I'll try to figure out a tiered system so I can squeeze more in. I don't think I can fit them in on my windowsills and hope that they still get enough light. My carnivorous plants have the best lit windowsill and I don't want to take that from them.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Must have accidentally knocked over two of the cups yesterday because I woke up to two of my Peach Naga plants dried up and pretty much dead...oh well, I guess I'll just be down two plants.

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Yea I’m jealous I lived in Texas all my life till 2008, went in the army now i live in Germany... only way to grow jalapeños is inside in pots etc until summer then they
Can be moved outside... but I found ordering hot sauce from the Heatonist
Is the way to go for me, since Germans don’t really know what hot is :rofl:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Yea I’m jealous I lived in Texas all my life till 2008, went in the army now i live in Germany... only way to grow jalapeños is inside in pots etc until summer then they
Can be moved outside...
Now you know how us Midwesterners feel!

Plants are growing well so far, here’s a Bahamian Beach Peach, planning to separate them once the true leaves grow a bit more in a week or two.
E13AAD4C-9BB3-4EB8-A403-CC19090595FE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

8LeggedLair

Arachnoknight
Now I’m hungry... I want some chips and hot sauce, with a jalapeño to bite into

Watcha think bout that? ( M.Balfouri )
Hiss...

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Had to separate some of the plants, note to whoever is growing peppers, once their true leaves start to show, separate them.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
You started early;) I am going to seed mine at end of January, but I don't have any lamps. I think I will try with super hots too this season.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Ugh I need to figure out planting mine at some point soon too. Though I just need to get them germinated and then I can stick them outside :p

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Well, all of mine ended up dying, I was out of town for a few days and my parents forgot to turn on the light which killed them...I’ll probably start again in January

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Super freaking late, but I'm finally getting my seeds started. I couldn't figure out an easy way to get them started and then I got distracted with a bunch of other work/life stuff. I saw a few plants for sale at the store and that really kicked me into gear lol.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Good luck. This year I have 60 new plants + 3 I kept from last year. My pepper room, lol :

8leggedRN

#1 Deadpool Fan
Arachnosupporter +
My husband currently has baby Carolina reapers, Trinidad scorpions, Moruga scorpions, Butch Ts, scotch bonnets, chocolate habaneros, too many chocolate 7 pots, a few atomic starfish, some basic cayenne, and some black jalapenos. I bought him this today as a surprise :)

Attachments