Philippine Giant Blue Millipede

mickiem

Arachnoprince
These Acladocricus are about a year and a half old. They are growing fast and I have been able to sex a few - I have at least 3 females ad 2 males. Not that they will be old enough to breed anytime soon; that won't happen for a few years. When they molt, they don't eat the exoskeleton so there are always pieces in the enclosure. Today I thought I saw complete circles (which I associate with dead rather than molted millipedes). I was bummed but I fingered through and found all 10. Happy dance!:) Acladocridus.JPG

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
They're so beautiful!
I hope you're successful in breeding them down the road.
Where'd you get them?

mickiem

Arachnoprince
They're so beautiful!
I hope you're successful in breeding them down the road.
Where'd you get them?
Thank-you! They are beautiful. This photo doesn't show much blue, but they do show it in person. I bought them from @SDCPs last October. He has a website and I saw he is sold out for now. He is great to deal with. I got my Flamelegs from him also. See if this link works!

http://petmillipede.weebly.com/breeding.html

SlugPod

Arachnoknight
Thank-you! They are beautiful. This photo doesn't show much blue, but they do show it in person. I bought them from @SDCPs last October. He has a website and I saw he is sold out for now. He is great to deal with. I got my Flamelegs from him also. See if this link works!

You're welcome!
Awesome thanks! I'll keep an eye out and maybe contact them at some point [when I have money lol].
The link works, thank you!

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Glad to see they're doing well for you! I'm hoping to pick up some pedes from him this year if I can free up some space.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I

I agree, I have gotten high-quality millipedes and service from SDCPs. I got my flamelegs and African Black (Mardonius, not AGB) millipedes from him.:)

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
These Acladocricus are about a year and a half old. They are growing fast and I have been able to sex a few - I have at least 3 females ad 2 males. Not that they will be old enough to breed anytime soon; that won't happen for a few years. When they molt, they don't eat the exoskeleton so there are always pieces in the enclosure. Today I thought I saw complete circles (which I associate with dead rather than molted millipedes). I was bummed but I fingered through and found all 10. Happy dance!:) View attachment 231169
I would really love to know how they are doing. I recently got 9 of them. I can't find anything about how to keep them so I set them up like my A. gigas going by your recipe for the substrate. I have 2 adult females and 3 adult males and would really love to get them to breed.

Madnesssr

Arachnoknight
These Acladocricus are about a year and a half old. They are growing fast and I have been able to sex a few - I have at least 3 females ad 2 males. Not that they will be old enough to breed anytime soon; that won't happen for a few years. When they molt, they don't eat the exoskeleton so there are always pieces in the enclosure. Today I thought I saw complete circles (which I associate with dead rather than molted millipedes). I was bummed but I fingered through and found all 10. Happy dance!:) View attachment 231169
Are you still breeding these beauties? I would love to get a few.

mickiem

Arachnoprince
I would really love to know how they are doing. I recently got 9 of them. I can't find anything about how to keep them so I set them up like my A. gigas going by your recipe for the substrate. I have 2 adult females and 3 adult males and would really love to get them to breed.
The biggest difference in these is they seem to have a higher need for calcium. Are your breeding?

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
That's OK I now have pretty much all of them except glossy black pink legs. Will you have your pink legs again? Also thanks for getting back me.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
My (Acladocricus sp. "Negros Island") Philippine giant blue/grey millipedes are breeding. I mixed crushed egg shells cuttlefish bone and pulverized limestone into the substrate for calcium.

The Odd Pet

Arachnoknight
Oh I just noticed your meant gigas. Yes they are breeding also. I use the same mix of substrate for all my millipedes.