Phidippus audax Head Stamp?

Edan bandoot

Arachnoprince
Maybe the abdomen doesn’t match enough, I’ll keep looking
You're going to be searching until you die, no positive ID can be be obtained from the photos. Your best bet would be giving a list of similar sized species that range where OP lives.

Although your dedication is admirable

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
You're going to be searching until you die, no positive ID can be be obtained from the photos. Your best bet would be giving a list of similar sized species that range where OP lives.

Although your dedication is admirable
I understand, I just wanted to see if there was any jumping spider species that looked like it, even if it wasn’t the exact species. But it would definitely help if I knew the location of where they found the spider.

ThatOneInvertNoob

Arachnopeon
I understand, I just wanted to see if there was any jumping spider species that looked like it, even if it wasn’t the exact species. But it would definitely help if I knew the location of where they found the spider.
Oh uh… yah, that would help, wouldn’t it? xD
I became a lifeguard and rescued him from the pool while visiting family in Tennessee. :3
Edit: Size-wise he’s got a leg span of roughly 3/4 - 1 inch, and is definitely an adult.

Last edited:

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Unfortunately I can’t find any that look like him. It’s possible it’s a species that isn’t very well documented or just an uncommon variation of one. It’s also possible I just haven’t found any. If you can get some super clear photos of dorsal view in good lighting and face without palps obstructing chelicerae I’ll try again but no pressure. Sorry I couldn’t find any that look like him. He is surely super unique!

ThatOneInvertNoob

Arachnopeon
Unfortunately I can’t find any that look like him. It’s possible it’s a species that isn’t very well documented or just an uncommon variation of one. It’s also possible I just haven’t found any. If you can get some super clear photos of dorsal view in good lighting and face without palps obstructing chelicerae I’ll try again but no pressure. Sorry I couldn’t find any that look like him. He is surely super unique!
Thanks for trying!

Jumper

Arachnosquire
I have a jumping spider that I’m fairly certain is a Phidippus audax, but he looks a little… different. He’s got a white band at the section of his abdomen that connects to his cephalothorax, and a white spot on top of his cephalo- oh forget it I’m just gonna say head. He’s got a white spot on his head. His chelicerae also seem to be a bit off. They look… brown? I haven’t been able to get a good look at them though; he’s a pretty tiny male. :)
I have a couple pictures of him, but they aren’t great quality. View attachment 391546 View attachment 391547 So now I’ve talked for way too long, my question is; is this normal? I’ve looked at loads of pictures of them and I haven’t found one that looks like him?
Photos are too blurry to id.
Can you get better photos

-Jumper

ThatOneInvertNoob

Arachnopeon
Okay. Took me a while to manage (my phone doesn’t do max zoom too well), but I finally managed to get a clear dorsal picture of him. Wha- I swear the picture looked crystal clear the entire time I was taking it! xD
Well, at least it’s clearer than any of the others? I also got one of his face because he’s just SO GOSH DARN CUTE!
Edit; they all look so much better when they’re tiny. Then you make them normal sized and it looks like I took them with the first color camera. 😅

Attachments

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Okay. Took me a while to manage (my phone doesn’t do max zoom too well), but I finally managed to get a clear dorsal picture of him. Wha- I swear the picture looked crystal clear the entire time I was taking it! xD
Well, at least it’s clearer than any of the others? I also got one of his face because he’s just SO GOSH DARN CUTE!
Edit; they all look so much better when they’re tiny. Then you make them normal sized and it looks like I took them with the first color camera. 😅
Maybe we should reiterate, by clear (without macro) we mean this:
1A0284DC-8D01-4A80-AA72-A9178F10FE7C.jpeg 8B05DAE3-4A29-46F0-ACD3-E40ED4C47D92.jpeg

Thank you for your attempts, but at this point unless you get some photos like these I don’t think we will be able to get anywhere. 😬