PetCenterUSA

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Hi all,
I'm saw a couple tarantulas on PetCenterUSA/ArachnoCenter that are not available on any other dealers lists, and was thinking of ordering from them.
I haven't dealt with them in the past, so I was looking for any experiences you all have had to help me decide.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Hey Ralph,

Did you check the online dealer reviews? I think there are a few reviews of him in there. Personally, I haven't ever purchased from him. I'm a little trepidacious as his common names on some of his species are way off, but from what I've heard, he ships fairly well and has decent prices.

Scott

rknralf

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I couldn't find the link to the on-line dealer reviews.
From what page, can I access it?
Thanks!

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Click on arachnoboards in the upper left of the forums and scroll down to the reviews section on the forums. They should be in there. :)

Scott

Code Monkey

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
After having ordered from just about everybody except Swift I'd actually rank Paul one of the best overall for hitting a sweet spot of price and service but *you* have to be knowledgeable about what you're ordering because he can't spell scientific names worth a damn and the same goes for his common names.

What ones were you looking at?

Bearacuda42

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
re code monkey

hhhhmmmm,,, i have to agree with you on that one.. :cool:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
I personally would NOT order from him due to mis-identification..but that is just me.
It could possibly work in your favor just as well :)
I'd certainly never order an expensive one from him though. Imagine the dismay if you ordered a G pulchra adult female, and ended up with a Aphonopelma sp. or something?!
I believe that happened to someone.
I also know someone that used to work there, and he said they were ALOT of completely un-id'ed spiders there.
In fact, I have 2 of them here. One ended up being a B vagans LOL...how difficult is that to ID?!!

InvertAddiction

Arachnoknight
Did he go out of business?
There was a HUGE ordeal on FB last year or the year before regarding a partner/employee killing thousands of dollars worth of spiders and he ended up leaving the business. Recently he posted on some tarantula fb pages having some stuff for sale again. To my knowledge, his website isn't running and I don't think he still has his phone app either. I've ordered from him in the past, mostly on his Black Friday sales and everything was exactly what I ordered. Very well packaged.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
There was a HUGE ordeal on FB last year or the year before regarding a partner/employee killing thousands of dollars worth of spiders and he ended up leaving the business. Recently he posted on some tarantula fb pages having some stuff for sale again. To my knowledge, his website isn't running and I don't think he still has his phone app either. I've ordered from him in the past, mostly on his Black Friday sales and everything was exactly what I ordered. Very well packaged.
Sad news , he had great service in last . I don’t know what type of job I can find my knees hurt so bad always, something sitting down??