Pet Species

gvfarns

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A Chalcodes, aka AZ Blonde, is another T I own that is very laid back and does not typically kick hairs. They are very slow growing, however, so it takes a while to get to adult size.
Yes, and all the Aphonopelma spiders have the characteristic that they only have type 1 urticating hairs, which are the least irritating. Even if your Aphonopelma gets hair all over you, there's a good chance you won't be itching.

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
from what i've read the avics are always very chilled. They're fast when then want to be and some can be jumpy but in no way aggressive. They do have urticating hairs which they drop passively and so don't kick them about in general. It's just something to be aware of when/if you try and handle them.
The thing with the Avic. is they shoot poo as a defense can startle you pretty good. they are fast when the want to be and jump real good too. Just be careful and you should have no problems with holding them.

cherokeecrawler

Arachnopeon
T

Awesome guys thanks my collection so far is a 1/2" Usumbara Baboon,1/2" Costa Rican Tigerrump,1/4" B.Smithi, 1.25" Guyana Pinktoe-Avic-Avic, and a 3/4" Antilles Pinktoe.Should be getting a 1.5" Chaco Golden Knee today cant wait.

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The only one in your list i'd worry about is the usumbara.
They're not as bad as people try to crack them up to be. I handle them all the time. The only time one fanged me was when I was attempting to remove an exuvium from one's webbing and it ran up them and nailed me. I was stupid and I paid for it. Just realize they can be slightly defensive and you'll be fine.

MizM

Arachnoprincess
Old Timer
They're not as bad as people try to crack them up to be. I handle them all the time. The only time one fanged me was when I was attempting to remove an exuvium from one's webbing and it ran up them and nailed me. I was stupid and I paid for it. Just realize they can be slightly defensive and you'll be fine.
That one time is enough for me to learn a healthy respect for the unpredicatbility of creatures! Worst pain I've ever felt, and I gave birth to both my sons without any medication.:eek: Youch!

AzJohn

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The Chaco will make a nice pet. Genus grammostola has some of the best pet taranutlas. G pulchra might be the best hand pet out their. I've seen two people mention genus Nhandu. I hate them. I once changed a cage out with my shirt off. I put them all up for sale the next day. ;)

John

SandyMuffinCakes94

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Ok i use to be into tarantulas alot got a job where i couldnt take care of them and now getting back into it. I recently bought 5 I have a avic.avic, a avic. versicolor,b. smithi aka redknee,usumbara baboon,costa rican tigerrump.Is there any species that are a must have in a collection there are all under 1" except the avic avic its about 1.25". How of all the species i have what would yall say is the most docile?I look tarantulas i have not been bit but have been scared once I had a huge 6" bulky curlyhair she was so sweet well she had a huge adomen and i tilted my hand and she crawled up my hand and used her fangs to pull her self up.
GBB are worth every bit of money in my opinon. Also Reptist sells some nice Ap(cant spell) River rump thingie T (sorry i havent slept my brain is dead)