• Pet Show

Votes: 69 28.3%
  • Other Collectors Privately

Votes: 68 27.9%

• Total voters

biomarine2000

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My vote is for private sellers. My experiences buying from people on here and those around where I live has worked out really well. I really couldn't beat the prices either.

Drachenjager

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I like shows the best. It's an exciting atmosphere any you have dozens to choose from. The only reason I didn't pick online dealer is because it's too easy. Before I know it, I've ordered 6 T's and spent $200! Shows are far enough between that keeps my spending to minimum.

P.S. I just returned home from Del Mar Fairgrounds here in San Diego with 5 new additions: A. avic, A. purpurea, E. campestratus, E. murinus, and E. cyanognathus. All are babies from <edit>. Thanks, <edit>!!!!!
i usually get 1 for that price lol

Xian

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have bought alot of T's in my day, from all of the choices, but the most enjoyable experiences have been buying from other collectors. It's nice to meet others and pick their brains as well as share stories face to face.:)

Avicularia Man

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I bought my first T's last week and they were from Ken. So natural I voted online dealer. But I will also buy from a trade show if I see something I like. I don't know of a good online reptile dealer, so I am stuck with shows for that, unless somebody here knows of one.

KoffinKat138

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I usually just buy online,but if i go into a petstore and they have a Common Avic Avic for about 20-30.00 and i have extra money in my pocket,i'd buy it just because it would be pretty much the same price online with shipping,and it cuts out the waiting time,and you can see it in person.

BrettG

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I vote LPS. Reason why is that I have 2 that are EXCELLENT withing ten miles of me,and they both stock tons of T's.I personally CANNOT justify spending three times as much on shipping as a sling would cost.But hey,thats just me.I recently bought 3 Avic.Avic slings at a LPS that were in great shape,for $16.If I had those shipped the total cost would have been in the $50 neighborhood.I have no problems supporting a local business/LPS as long as the animals are treated well and cared for...... I am NOT talking about places like PetCo or Petsmart,either.......

DamoK21

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i bought all my T's online from breeders but im very very cautouse of when buying i look up on them alot for reviews and so on i also email them asking a random question and then send them a few more random questions and really it all depends on the insight i get from them and the reviews i see for them although the buying of the T can stretch out abit but they have good stock and well id rather no im going to get my T than not do my background checks on that dealer and get riped of

but yea online dealer always thats the only way i can get T's other than a A.avic or G.rosea or H.lividum

BlackCat

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Most of my T's have been bought locally from the University's insect zoo. Can usually find any T I'm looking for there, and if not I'll go to an online dealer and order some slings.

paul fleming

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I have recently bought spiders and scorpions for Germany and I am very happy with the packing,postage and service......excellent.
I will normally buy off anyone, as long as they are well known and have the animals I want.
Paul

NateTheGreat

Arachnopeon
Online dealers can have a great selection, and can be anywhere in the country. But shipping costs stink, as well as the shipping risk.