Peso's Stretching

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
Haven't been around for a while, but I hope my questions will still be answered so promptly and accurately.
Peso just came out of a moult on monday (yay), and now he's big and fresh and new. Definitly over two inches. Maybe 2.5. he's doing something I've never noticed before. He's...stretching. I assume it's a post-moult habit, but it's new to me. He just stretches his legs as far as possible and sits there. He looks like an ornamental cause of how far he spans. Well..maybe not, but you get the idea. Is he just stretching those legs after a nice moult? Opinions?
Also, how long does everyone wait before feeding after a moult?
Cheers,
Paul

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
hey

after my avic moulted, it started to stretch its legs and it looked like an ornamental! I usually wait a week for adults and 2-3 days for slings! Hopes this Helps!

James

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The post-molt stretching is normal. Smaller specimens may resume feeding in as little as a couple days, while adults of certain species may take weeks. For him, I would try in 3 to 5 days being certain to remove the prey item if he shows no interest or is bothered by it.

Doug H

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
just think about it ,if we grew like T's ,it would be like a acordian(spelling) all bunched up. so yea the streaching is normal.they have do that while there exoskeleton is still soft and flexible.

krystal

Arachnodite
Old Timer
Originally posted by Doug H
just think about it ,if we grew like T's ,it would be like a acordian(spelling) all bunched up. so yea the streaching is normal.they have do that while there exoskeleton is still soft and flexible.
doug is right on.