Peso and I are busy

Rookie

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey all,
Sorry I've been off the boards lately, exams have been absolutely insane. Peso is in bigtime pre-molt. I noticed that he changed colour dramtically yesterday, and he has a bald spot on his behind. I'm assuming the next couple of days for his second molt with me, but i'm hoping for hours. i'm rather concerned because he has a car ride to undergo tomorrow, and i'm not sure how he'll do in there if he's molting, or in post-molt. What do you guys think?
Paul

Last edited:

Joy

Priestess of Pulchra-tude
Old Timer
I've seen many tarantulas who successfully molted in vials while shipping, so I wouldn't think your projected drive was necessarily a problem. If it was me, I think I would put some sphagnum moss of crumpled, slightly moist paper towel around the margins of Peso's vivarium as a cushion against shocks, plus remove any loose objects that might shift during transit.

Joy

Tranz

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Krunch, my 1 1/2+" G. Pulchra is on his back as I write this. He has been that way for about an hour, completely motionless. He sealed his burrow about 3 days ago, but the burrow runs along the edge of the cage, so I can see everything. I sprayed the cage and upped the heat in the room.