Pepper Growers?

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
I have made some pics today. Almost all of my plants already start to form fruits, can't wait to try it;)

Lemon drops soon will be ready.

And my indoor collection, its more for fun, and decorations, but plants are growing really well, and I expect some nice fruits also;)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Beautiful, congrats on the fruit! Those are some beautiful plants. Just checked to see how mine are doing, and it looks like some sort of bee or wasp is clipping pieces of the leaves. Damn things :grumpy: Hopefully they don't do enough damage to stop the pepper production.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Nice! I hope I will be able to keep some of mine plants through winter, indoor ofc. Its not gonna be so easy since winters in Poland can be really severe.

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Nice! I hope I will be able to keep some of mine plants through winter, indoor ofc. Its not gonna be so easy since winters in Poland can be really severe.
It's not as difficult as you may think. Cut the plant down to a stump and just keep from freezing but not too warm. If slightly cool plant will become semi dormant until it gets warm and sunny enough to return outside

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Stupid heat wave caused my plants to drop all their flowers, but temps are going to be below 100 again for a few days. My gypsy pepper plant has three pods on it right now, just waiting for them to ripen. I think my red bell might be about to produce a pod, but that one has been having issues almost since the start. Cajun bell had flowers everywhere, but nothing seems to have happened. I'm hoping the cooler temps will encourage flower production again. Any recommended fertilizers to encourage flowers?

schmiggle

Arachnoking
I don't know about peppers in particular, but I think a high phosphorous fertilizer usually encourages flowering.

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Have you tried the lemon drops before?
Just eaten my first:) It was hot (for me) I would say at same level as cayenne. Not so crazy, can be eaten raw with sandwich or something. Taste is really interesting, a little bit sweet, a little bit citrus. I like it. If you really want to try it, I think you can order fruits online somewhere (and you will get seeds extra:).

e/
I have 11 types of chili, and lemon drops are best growing and gives most fruits.

Last edited:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Just eaten my first:) It was hot (for me) I would say at same level as cayenne. Not so crazy, can be eaten raw with sandwich or something. Taste is really interesting, a little bit sweet, a little bit citrus. I like it. If you really want to try it, I think you can order fruits online somewhere (and you will get seeds extra:).
I like the sound of that, I'll have to get some fruits over here this summer/fall :)

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Growing a couple Anaheims and a Grand Bell. The Anaheims are starting to fruit but the Grand Bell could probably use a little more TLC.

Your guys peppers look like they're doing awesome! Amazed how many you're getting on each plant!

Nonnack

Arachnoknight
Few more pics.

Lemon drops are growing like crazy:

Habaneros are getting ready. From left Congo Trynidad, Black stinger, Fatali white, and lemon drops. Not so many fruits from plants in those buckets, but I have more in garden. Habanero Congo Trynidad, is so far my favorite, very hot, too hot to eat it raw, but one or two peppers on pizza makes it hot, gives nice taste and aroma, and still don't kill taste of pizza;)

Also my indoor Congo has made many nice berries;)

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I finally got to try some of my gypsy peppers! Kind of like a thin fleshed bell pepper, but with a nice little spark of heat/spice right at the beginning.

My Cajun bell and red bell pepper dropped their flowers again...:mad:

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nutritional deficiency?
I think they're good on nutrients (I put some fertilizer spikes in the soil when I first planted them, though maybe those ran out), but it's super hot here, so I'm wondering if it's a heat stress thing. My red bell actually had a fruit starting to form, but then it dropped it.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I think they're good on nutrients (I put some fertilizer spikes in the soil when I first planted them, though maybe those ran out), but it's super hot here, so I'm wondering if it's a heat stress thing. My red bell actually had a fruit starting to form, but then it dropped it.
I get that problem with tomatoes and squash a lot of times too. Found this webpage that gives a chart on how some of the temps affect pepper production: http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/info_tomtemp.htm . Looks like if you're getting temps above 90° F, it could be the heat causing your problem. A quick google search leads me to think that maybe a little shade might be able to help.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
I get that problem with tomatoes and squash a lot of times too. Found this webpage that gives a chart on how some of the temps affect pepper production: http://www.omafra.gov.on.ca/english/crops/facts/info_tomtemp.htm . Looks like if you're getting temps above 90° F, it could be the heat causing your problem. A quick google search leads me to think that maybe a little shade might be able to help.
Thanks for the link! Yeah, it's well over 90 here everyday. They get sun in the morning before the temps get too high and shade after about 11, but then it's just merciless heat from then until almost 10PM. Even in the shade it's over 90. They're sitting on a concrete balcony though, so I wonder if they'd do better being elevated off of that? The concrete seems to hold heat well, so maybe it's stressing the roots. I've thought about bringing them in when I get home from work and putting them back out before I go to bed so they get a few hour break from the heat. Maybe I'll give that a try and see if it helps.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
They're sitting on a concrete balcony though, so I wonder if they'd do better being elevated off of that? The concrete seems to hold heat well, so maybe it's stressing the roots.
Interesting idea. I have pots of plants on the concrete too. I'd be interested in hearing how either of these techniques go ;).

Last edited:

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Need to get some better photos, but here are some of my peppers:
93A700C5-D0FE-4CD5-AE7B-61323F96FFE1.jpeg 5DA05404-B405-4BC0-AD92-F567CA7D01F3.jpeg

Today’s small hull:
2C066D9E-22E0-4A12-AE80-0A6FFFF3079E.jpeg