pede collecting

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
pede collecting So Cal members

Anyone in SoCal interested in making a trip to AZ or NM to look for some Scolopendra heros? Split gas and any inverts collected.

Last edited:

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
im up for it.. theres two other so.cals' that live by me.... we can all take a trip.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
you should edit the title of the thread to pede collecting (so.cal) or something :)

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hey BIGToach,
I am right around the corner from you....I am in Santa Ana. When you thinking about this trip? I would be game if I was around but I won't be here much until July 5th then I am here and free till July 15. And I have a few friends in AZ that I could try to get a hold of as a guide if we wanted.

Jon Insect714

Last edited:

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Cool thanks for the response I was tinking of going sometime within the next month. i too will be going out of town from July 5th till the 10th so well avoid thoes times. currently weekends are best for me. but after July 10th anytime of the week will be okay. I was thinking of a 2 day trip but if theres but if we dont find what were looking for possibly extend to a 3 day. Ive got a 4 seater Honda good on gas but wont get us off the road to where most of the inverts will be. If anyone has a more suited vehicle that would be great. i was thinking of camping but if we all went in on a room it would be cheep.
For sure lets make this happen.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
You might want to work out something between everybody before you go. Sometimes you see them going across the road. Then arguments can break out about who gets the animal...."I saw it first"..."you already have one"....I'm driving so I get the first one".... Best scenario is that everybody gets something. Good luck if you go! When I go, I know that I'm going to spend more money on the trip than I would if I if I just ordered the pede, but I like the fun of catching my own. That might not make sense to allot of other people that are focused on the cost.

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
good point about who gets it if we all see it. I dont think its anything that a game of paper rock sissors cant solve. I am up for an adventure, as far as im concerned its a summer vacation away from home and collecting is a bonus, I dont mind cost if is worth it. But keep in mind that i am a college student and i dont have a lot of money to have fun with. Im hoping everyone that goes is not solely interested in how many inverts they can collect for themselves, but more interested in the satisfaction of being able to catch an ivert its natural environment. Its gonna be a geat trip.

swatc1h

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dam all the gm's here havnt/got their 1week vacation and its lame how we can't request one yet well i could inadvance for now get July 4th :) thats about it, we need closer and im one of them :( . Hey but when you see a pede on the ground say "Thats Robert's Centipede"...."And That one AND that one"......."He gave $ so Robert gets the first one" lolz

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Im game. my wife would prolly go 2. i live down by Palm Springs how did you guys plan on going there. i mean by route id love to go on a trip b4 i leave for the military.

crashergs

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dang looks like we need two vehicles! haha

when would this adventure be? so i can call off some days at work, would have to be for next month though, cheers!

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
route and date

we would be taking the I-10 right through palmsprings. the date this trip would take place would be in about a month mid-late July sounda like well have about 6 people going. ive offerd my car i can take 3 more people with me. so if anyone else wants to help with transportation we need it.

pimpin_posey

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i gots a car thats good on gas. i need to know an exact date cuz i might be leaving soon for Basic Trainging in the Air Force. So yea i can take 2 ppl.

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well I don't have a car, but I got gas money and I found us a good guide.

Jon

BigToach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Date announcement

im gonna throw a date out there let me know if it works for most people.
JULY 21-22 possibly 23 also

insect714

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
those days are workable for me. Now lets just get all of the lil details out of the way and we are good to go.

Jon