Peak-a-boo!

ItalianTermiteMan

Arachnosquire
Nothing special, just sharing a quick pic of a cute female Eudicella frontalis flower beetle peeking out of the cocoon she recently metamorphosed in.
Aww!

413136189_389945780235881_8521901896303330033_n.jpg

SpookySpooder

"embiggened"
Arachnosupporter
I saw some beetle larvae for sale at the most recent expo that looked like these... for $50 USD I was tempted to try... but I have NO information about their care so I resisted the impulse to purchase them...

In your experience, are they difficult or high-maintenance to keep?

ItalianTermiteMan

Arachnosquire
I saw some beetle larvae for sale at the most recent expo that looked like these... for $50 USD I was tempted to try... but I have NO information about their care so I resisted the impulse to purchase them...

In your experience, are they difficult or high-maintenance to keep?
This exact species (Eudicella frontalis) tend to be cannibalistic at the larval stage and so larvae are better housed singly, but beside that hassle they're simple to keep and breed.
There are a lot of beautiful flower beetles in the hobby that are not only easy to keep but also not cannibalistic when larvae, i'd strongly recommend the genus Dicronorhina if you find it (it's extremely widespread here in Europe, but not sure about the US), they're beautiful and very beginner-friendly!