Pasimachus sp. "Arizona" Egg!!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Got a HUGE egg from my female Pasimachus sp. "Arizona", don't know what exactly triggered her to oviposit, I suspect it's a seasonal thing.

Here are a couple pictures of the egg:

This thing is a monster, a HUGE beetle egg, by far the largest I've ever seen. Really hope it hatches soon! :)

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Awesome man congrats!!!!!!!! Got anything to reference it with? :D Good luck!

Salmonsaladsandwich

Arachnolord
Reminds me of that thread with the Anthias beetles that lay on or two giant eggs per year. Really quite a strange and seemingly counterproductive strategy for creatures that provide no parental care, I guess giving the grubs a good head start outweighs the benefits of being able to produce many eggs.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Awesome man congrats!!!!!!!! Got anything to reference it with? :D Good luck!
Thanks! :) I can try measuring it later, for and egg it's really huge!

Reminds me of that thread with the Anthias beetles that lay on or two giant eggs per year. Really quite a strange and seemingly counterproductive strategy for creatures that provide no parental care, I guess giving the grubs a good head start outweighs the benefits of being able to produce many eggs.
Exactly, which is very strange, especially since some old papers report that Pasimachus lay multiple eggs each season, yet in captivity I've never heard of anyone getting over 1 egg per female...

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Just finished reading the thread, sorry it died. It was considerably milkier looking than my egg which I could actually see the larvae moving inside of so probably a dud. I have gotten my pair to mate again this year but sadly lost 2 of the 4 beetles in my group to cannibalism suddenly after over 3 months of peace and one loss was my captive bred/born individual (not sure if the female I have mated with my male because they were briefly introduced or a wild male first) and my smallest individual who was likely quite old.

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
One remaining individual in my group is confirmed female and mated this year the remaining is unsexed but also likely a mated female. I'm hoping for another egg in the next month or so if things go like they did last year. If not at least I tried!

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Just finished reading the thread, sorry it died. It was considerably milkier looking than my egg which I could actually see the larvae moving inside of so probably a dud. I have gotten my pair to mate again this year but sadly lost 2 of the 4 beetles in my group to cannibalism suddenly after over 3 months of peace and one loss was my captive bred/born individual (not sure if the female I have mated with my male because they were briefly introduced or a wild male first) and my smallest individual who was likely quite old.
One remaining individual in my group is confirmed female and mated this year the remaining is unsexed but also likely a mated female. I'm hoping for another egg in the next month or so if things go like they did last year. If not at least I tried!
Yeah, it was either infertile, or I accidentally damaged it when removing it from the enclosure, I'm guessing the former.

Sorry to hear that, sounds rather strange that they just randomly turned on each other, hope you can get offspring from your remaining individuals, keep us updated! :)

dragonfire1577

Arachnodemon
Yeah It was weird, one day they were fine with each other then the females became very hostile after around 2 months after I brought their temps back up from 68 to the mid 70s not sure why.