Paruroctonus boreus

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow, a real Canadian scorp!!!

Crazy my friend who just came from out west told me about this species and that she found a bunch in south alberta!!

Man i was just fishing out there last year!!:mad: :mad:

Well they seem to get 5"`s and well that`s enough for me to want one. Anybody know where to get one (or pair hehe)and any other info on husbandry and basic description would be great.

Thank you!!

Mat Chauvin

Picture from Alberta Meseum of sciences

Attachments

chau0046

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
This is a mature adult , but the younger ones almost resemble desert hairies , H. Hadrurus.

neveragain

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
that looks very weird... almost fake looking. but it looks really cool!

invertepet

Arachnolord
Old Timer
We have similar ones down in these parts, but they're usually from Taiwan... ;) At least that's what it says on them.

bill

genious_gr

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
:eek:

OMG!!!
This just knocked of the Dune Scorpions from No1 in my wishlist.
(I'll never have one, but what the heck, I put them in the list anyway.)

Last edited:

Nikos

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hmmmm, that's a very nice looking scorpion!

What do you feed them, PVC......

Frogsarethapoop

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not sure how old this thread is, this is my first post. Anyways, I have some Northern Scorpions that were wild caught from Alberta if anyone is interested. Also, that picture you posted is not a Northern Scorpion, I do not know what it is, but none of the ones I have caught here ever looked like that, and I have been catching them for 10+ years, ever since I was a kid.

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
FrogmanJ said:
Not sure how old this thread is, this is my first post. Anyways, I have some Northern Scorpions that were wild caught from Alberta if anyone is interested. Also, that picture you posted is not a Northern Scorpion, I do not know what it is, but none of the ones I have caught here ever looked like that, and I have been catching them for 10+ years, ever since I was a kid.
Sweet!!! I've been looking for this species. Always wanted a canadian scorpion :D . I sent you a pm ;)

tyrel

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Yah, thats a model. But not a bad one, though! :D

Deolok

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Its only a model? It looked pretty real to me, ( a little fake though). Anyways, a northern scorpion eh? Why can't they grow wild here? Do I just have the worse luck or what? I mean come on, it cant be as bad as conditions are in Alberta for scorpions. Though for some reason I want to say it looks like a type of "cave scorpion," is that possible?