Parabuthus transvaalicus

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Couldnt resist not taking a pic of this subadult stinging a full size Lobster Roach

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
great pics.....do you find that roaches are the best feeders??? I kind of worry about mealworms because I heard the burrow....but i havent tried roaches

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Roaches are great for some species it seems but I will never completely phase out crickets. I cant get anything to eat a darn mealworm. I dont like them at all lol

brandontmyers

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha...i understand that... i read that some people can, whereas most people can't....lol

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Awesome pic! I just fed mine some immature B dubia roaches. One roach ran under a rock that's big enough to cover most of the palm of my hand. The P. trans was so after that roach, it flipped the rock up with it's tail trying to get under to that roach. It didn't flip it over of course, it just raised it trying to pull the roach out. The roach was holding on tight to the rock. Really strong tails! I feel like Brian on the feeding thing. I mix it up with crix and roaches. They've been getting Oakleaf Roller caterpillars lately that I've been finding on the side of my house, a lot of water in those:drool: . Funny to watch them catch their food. Still need to move them.

Snake_Eyes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Nice pic, I've only tried feeding a juvenile roach(dubia) to my big female once and after a few minutes of unsuccessful stinging attempts she gave up and just started to eat it alive. :eek:

Urizen

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm loving it! :D I have no trouble feeding my adults prekilled mealworms, or I give the mealworm a pinch behind the head, makes them wiggle but not dig. But I usually just give them a worm or two now and then, the same with silk worms.