Parabuthus leisoma

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A picture of what was sold to me as Parabuthus leisoma. Does this look to anyone else like theirs? Mine was collected in or around Tanzania.

Thanks,

Paul

Attachments

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks, Dave!

Steve, yours look either really chubby or preggo!
I have a couple that look ready to pop, to the point where they look hunch backed!

Paul

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Communal? Toxic?

I have heard that these are not good to keep communally, and that their venom is highly toxic. Right now I have several housed separately, but to save space would like to house them together, but then I thought I recalled someone mentioning they are rather nasty to one another.
Anyone have any experiences or info on these areas?

Thanks again,

Paul

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
With the exception of the Centruroides genus and Grosphus genus; most buthid scorpions cannot be kept communally...there are of course exceptions.

P.leiosoma has moderately hot venom...probably on the upper end of moderate from what I have heard.

John
];')

phoenixxavierre

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Kugellager
With the exception of the Centruroides genus and Grosphus genus; most buthid scorpions cannot be kept communally...there are of course exceptions.

P.leiosoma has moderately hot venom...probably on the upper end of moderate from what I have heard.

John
];')
Thanks for that info, John!
Grosphus flavopiceus can live communally? I ask because I got some scorps called yellow scorps that were supposedly collected in Africa but they look to me like G. flavopiceus. I'll post another thread with pics after the new year to show you and anyone else that wants to see.

My best wishes for a happy, successful, and rewarding new year for you! Thanks for all your help,

Paul

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
I have kept G.flavopiceus as well as G.madagascariensis communally without problems...though there did appear to be more conflict between the G.flavopiceus than the G.madagascariensis...the latter having a much more mellow behavior than the G.flavopiceus which are quite spunky. I never had any injuries due to them sparring with each other.

John
];')

zoobugs

L.D.50
Old Timer
Actually, you should be able to keep any of the Parabuthus communally, so long as there are plenty of hide spots and food.