Paper Shredder Or Unique T?

Shadrach

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well something is going on with my Rose Hair, or should I say she's doing something interesting. See when I set her tank up since it was cooler than it really should be for her at night I installed her a heat pad under her tank. So in doing so I also added newspaper on the bottom of the tank to make sure if she dug the substrate out she wouldn't sit right on top of the glass that may be a little too warm. Well I came in tonight and she had been at work, substrate pushed out every where and to my surprize, bits of newspaper like she had tore it for a nest to line the front of her burrow with! I don't know if this was her intention or not but it was taken from the back of her burrow and then she had webbed over it like she was building a dam in the front. I had no Idea they could or would do this! Or is it possible that she is just unique that way? I know one thing they are smarter than people give them credit for!

MrT

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thats pretty cool,
I've never heard of T's shredding paper, so I guess it is Unique.:)

Ernie

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My giant white knee tore the paper towel substrate up that I had for it. Kinda tore it up and bent it in making one giant burrow out of it.

Arachnopuppy

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Wow, never thought they would do that. I should start giving them papers to play with.

Steve Nunn

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hi,
I think you'll find if you try this with any T that tries to burrow you'll get the same results. She's just trying to go deeper into her substrate. Ever had a burrower clean up the bottom of the substrate so much that clear glass/plastic is visible on the bottom of the container?

Steve

Bjorgly

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Just be careful your T does not cook itself...if its sitting right by the head pad i would air on the side of caution and turn down the heat a bit.

Mark