Pandinus imperator

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She has just started to give birth! I am so excited about this. I'm not sure how many have popped out yet but I will post again later.

How many do they usually have a day? 10?

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
so far one is out and is climbing on her back right now. there is another one underneath her (looks like its in some kind of sack) on its back.

I haven't ever seen this before so i wasn't sure how they came out... this is amazing

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i will... i need to get my camera from my ex :(

here she is about a week or so ago... really fat!

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
these pictures are kinda crappy but this is the best i can do cause its really humid in the tank ;)

i love the ones where you can see her stretch marks... so far 4 have came out :)

H. cyaneus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats man. Now you probably stop bugging her before she eats em. ;)

Mike

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i am leaving her alone... i gave her a little bit of heat with a lamp and she is relaxed right now. :)
all of the pictures where taken outside of the cage so i didn't bother her... thats the last thing i want her to do is eat her babies... o_O

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Good luck with the brood. I'm currently waiting on my 3 P imps to pop soon as well.

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Break out a few cigars, Bob! :D Those are some great pictures. I'm SO jealous, too! Eagerly waiting my own girl to pop, but I've still got a while to wait I think.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
ah yeah i read through that the other day. i will read through it again right now too :) thanks

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
there is one thing i am concerned with though. on sunday i will be leaving for new york for about 5 days. im worried about her eating the young though... what could i do to prevent this from happening?

after reading the following it seems i will be gone when they molt into 2I.

it can take a couple days for her to finish up birthing. the babies will be at first instar at birth and will moult into 2I around a week later, depending on conditions. not sure how long from 2I to 3I though.

Bayushi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
just make sure the tank is humid and warm. that's about all you can do

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
there is one thing i am concerned with though. on sunday i will be leaving for new york for about 5 days. im worried about her eating the young though... what could i do to prevent this from happening?

after reading the following it seems i will be gone when they molt into 2I.
They will often stay on the mother's back for a week after molting so as long as they are in a dark location everything should be fine while you are gone.

_bob_

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
alright whew...

she has had 8... it seems like she is done giving birth :)