Genus Pamphobeteus

Intermedius

Arachnopeon

Philth

N.Y.H.C.
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus sp. "Ecuador II" (aka P. sp. platyomma, which is not a proper usage).

I don't understand that as well. The spider sold as P. sp. platyomma is from Brazil, and is different from Pamphobeteus sp. "Ecuador II".

Later, Tom

dactylus

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice photo Tom! Do you have an adult female to pair with that male?

Keith B

Arachnobaron
I don't understand that as well. The spider sold as P. sp. platyomma is from Brazil, and is different from Pamphobeteus sp. "Ecuador II".

Later, Tom
Totally forgot to check back in here. Well I meant to say sp. S. Ecuador not Ecuador II (oops), at least from what I'm getting from some information gathering. Pictures appear identical, and it would seem the people who actually label them call them S. Ecuador, while platyomma is a farce name placed on it by the hobby out of confusion with Vitalius platyomma, which is now Vitalius wacketi (How they got confused in the first place is bewildering to me). But I just got such a headache from trying to get to the bottom of it for certain, especially over a description, not even over a real species name, that I've kinda bailed on it. I'm cool with platyomma, as long as I'm breeding the right thing when I send mine out. That's my primary concern.

koldaar

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Pamphobeteus spec "platyomma"

7" male. Molted last week. I'm torn- on one hand it's a male and the colors are striking, but on the other hand it's not a longer lived female. I'm sure I'll "suffer" through it. :)

photo 3.jpg

photo 4.jpg

babelfish

Arachnosquire
Pamphobeteus spec. Nebula (Ecuador)

adult female, just started to get color and mated for the first time…

nn2.JPG

nn1.JPG

awiec

Arachnoprince
Figured I'll throw in my baby P.platyomma (aka sp Ecuador)