Pamphobeteus sp. "Santo Domingo Goliath"

Ran

Arachnoknight
LOL...I have been trying to get top photos of her for some time now but, alas, she is very skittish so most of my photos of her are through glass. She is definitely not as thick as my stirmi that are close to her in size and my SDG is a slower grower. She is leggy like them so I'm sure she should get 8-9" but she will not be as heavily bodied for sure. I have raised stirmi, blondi, apophysis, genics, Lasiodora species and the SDG seems like a cross between the apophysis and genics in body type. I had a hobby nigricolor that was not as leggy, this girl has much longer legs like Jose's photos. I would think she will thicken as she gets older as all T's do. Here is a shot of a recent stirmi molt whose carapace measures 1.5" side to side and front to back. Theraphosa's are by far the heaviest bodied T's I know of. DSC_0215.JPG

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
LOL...I have been trying to get top photos of her for some time now but, alas, she is very skittish so most of my photos of her are through glass. She is definitely not as thick as my stirmi that are close to her in size and my SDG is a slower grower. She is leggy like them so I'm sure she should get 8-9" but she will not be as heavily bodied for sure. I have raised stirmi, blondi, apophysis, genics, Lasiodora species and the SDG seems like a cross between the apophysis and genics in body type. I had a hobby nigricolor that was not as leggy, this girl has much longer legs like Jose's photos. I would think she will thicken as she gets older as all T's do. Here is a shot of a recent stirmi molt whose carapace measures 1.5" side to side and front to back. Theraphosa's are by far the heaviest bodied T's I know of. View attachment 219126
Awesome, thanks! How do their urticating hairs stack up, in your experience?

Ran

Arachnoknight
The SDG rarely flicks...she is very shy and is always close to her hide entrance. Theraphosa in general have some of the worst urticating hairs I know of. I am not allergic to the hairs luckily, but Benadryl crème works for instant itch relief when I get itchy.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
The SDG rarely flicks...she is very shy and is always close to her hide entrance. Theraphosa in general have some of the worst urticating hairs I know of. I am not allergic to the hairs luckily, but Benadryl crème works for instant itch relief when I get itchy.
Cool, thanks for the info!

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Now you got me wanting a Theraphosa species...ugh lol. Hopefully I can sell the Ts I have right now to make room, and funds, to buy some larger NWs haha.

@BobBarley when are you getting your Goliath/Santa Domingo Goliath?

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Now you got me wanting a Theraphosa species...ugh lol. Hopefully I can sell the Ts I have right now to make room, and funds, to buy some larger NWs haha.

@BobBarley when are you getting your Goliath/Santa Domingo Goliath?
Just ordered two today along with a T. sitrmi. :p No more t's for a while now. Should be here Thursday-ish.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Just ordered two today along with a T. sitrmi. :p No more t's for a while now.
I hate you lol, what is the size of the Goliath compared to the stirmi? I have 2 antinous (2") and 2 Goliath (1.5") coming in tomorrow, not the same size as I would like, but close enough haha.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I hate you lol, what is the size of the Goliath compared to the stirmi? I have 2 antinous (2") and 2 Goliath (1.5") coming in tomorrow, not the same size as I would like, but close enough haha.
Stirmi is listed as 1.5-2" and SDG at 1.5", so a little closer in size.

antinous

Pamphopharaoh
Old Timer
Couldn't get any photos of the antinous as they quickly darted into their hides, but the Goliath was out and about. Fed them too.

Both are probable female at 1.5"
image.jpeg image.jpeg

Kvothe

Arachnopeon
MY SDG arrived at 3 inches a basic light brown colour - 1 male and one female - the same looking - no christmass tree ...

They are now big and cool and blackwith a bit of red on the face - eat snakes on occasion. no Christmas tree.

reminds me of a fancy LP

curtisgiganteus

ArachnoViking, Conqueror of Poikilos and Therion
Old Timer
MY SDG arrived at 3 inches a basic light brown colour - 1 male and one female - the same looking - no christmass tree ...

They are now big and cool and blackwith a bit of red on the face - eat snakes on occasion. no Christmas tree.

reminds me of a fancy LP
I need to see these… my only pamphobeteus is a sp Machala I got as a freebie at the 4.5” mark lol it’s a girl too
image.jpg