Pamphobeteus nigricolor.

Henry Kane

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Looks like a girl, no?

Now I just hope my other is a male. Not to breed of course (they're siblings...can't do that ;)) but so I can eventually see the mature colors of a male nigricolor. The big girl's awesome too though.

Atrax

Attachments

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Atrax
Wicked! Is she from Todds c/b stock?

Atrax
Yep. Bryan (Cronoss) and I got 2 from another vendor. When they arrived, they had stickers with Todd's batch numbers on the containers. I kept them both and they both turned out to be females. Bryan later got 2 slings ( they are about 4" now) on a trade. These proved to be 1 of each gender. He was kind enough to sell the male to me.

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
wow! those look kind of like the X.immanis, any resemblence between these genus? how are their temperment?

James

P.S- Great pics gary and jon! :)

Tangled WWWeb

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Tarantula Lover
wow! those look kind of like the X.immanis, any resemblence between these genus? how are their temperment?

James

P.S- Great pics gary and jon! :)
Thanks James.

Individuals of P. nigricolor go through quite a color change as they mature. The one pictured in my avatar ( at about 4") now looks similar to the one pictured above.

I've found that these spiders are rather "defensive". My larger individuals often rear up and occasionally strike. I have never witnessed these behaviors in any of my X. immanis. I can't comment on how closely these two genera are related from a taxonomic standpoint.

John