Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

paloma dwarf

Discussion in 'Field Trips (Natural Habitats)' started by josh_r, Feb 24, 2008.

1. aliceinwl

aliceinwl Arachnosquire Old Timer

Advertisement
    Your "leopard gecko" is actually a western banded gecko ;)

2. Bugs In Cyberspace

Bugs In Cyberspace Arachnodemon Old Timer

Thanks Alice! It was a beautiful lizard. I also saw one of those thorny devil(?) lizards gorging itself on ants. Maybe I'll get lucky and see a gila monster next time! That would be the neatest potential vertebrate sighting of the trip.

I saw a coati last time. AZ is awesome!

3. josh_r

josh_r Arachnoprince Old Timer

the thorny devil is actually a phrynosoma. horned lizard!

4. BrettG

BrettG Arachnoprince

I have one from Sierra vista that I am looking at as I type..... Will get pics when the wife gets home......

5. BrettG

BrettG Arachnoprince

I have this same spider.Slightly larger,and I mean SLIGHTLY......Found on a garage wall of all places.....It just molted and is gorgous to say the least....

• Like Like x 1
  6. syndicate

syndicate Arachnoemperor Old Timer

USA
    Wow what a beauty!Great find!

7. Sunset

Sunset Arachnoknight Old Timer

we don't have leopard geckos in united states. it was probably a banded gecko that you saw. Im more then 90% sure it was a banded gecko if you said it was a leopard gecko.

8. Sunset

Sunset Arachnoknight Old Timer

like i said before, the pic is not a leopard gecko its a banded gecko. Leopard geckos are bigger and fatter. when banded geckos are longer and skinny.

9. josh_r

lol, this was already established a long time ago. read a few posts above yours.

10. Robotponys

Robotponys Arachnoknight

NY
    Hate to revive, but this thread is pretty cool. :p Do any of you who posted here still collect and/or have any? They look gorgeous and very interesting. :)

11. josh_r

Unfortunately I don't keep them or any inverts anymore. The few people who do have paloma I highly doubt will give them up. They are just too cool and too desired.

12. Robotponys

Robotponys Arachnoknight

NY
    A shame. Eventually they could be available I hope. :)

13. BrettG

BrettG Arachnoprince

They are available,in the desert,lol.You are not going to see cbb specimens anytime soon.

14. Robotponys

Robotponys Arachnoknight

NY
    Oh. :p Oh well. Maybe in a few years! :)

15. josh_r

I distributed a bunch of cb years ago. I wonder what happened to them all.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.