Pairing centipedes

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hey guys, i've spent most of this morning putting ''pairs'' of my adult centipedes together and i wanted to know when can we say that they ''do well enough together'' to put them in a bin together.

I've tried my adult E.T. Yellow legs and my huge one didnt seem in the mood for mating or anything close to it. As for the Sc.Morsitans, they seemed not to care being together, nor being stimulated to mate. My Sc.Cingulatas, they just seem, hm, pretty agressive thorwards each other, maybe i just didnt have a pair.

What's a good indicator in the behavior to say that two centipedes may be put in a bin together to attempt mating?!?! Thanks for your time :).

phil.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
well, the pairs should kind of sniff each other with their antenna. rather, at least one of the centpedes in a pair should sniff the other

if they run away from each other every time they meet then you probably have the same sex

oh, i think one centipede has to walk up to the back of the other and start teh sniff process that way... head to head should make even a 1.1 not necesarily react "right"

hopefully someone local to me will have a camera when they come to my house and maybe we can try to vid something up :)

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks Caco. Up to now, i've done some experimental pairings that have been housed together for the past week. I guess i will now keep them separated and watch over them for an extended period of time... Hopefully, they're all still alive :p.

phil.

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One week later, one of the two cherry reds got eaten by the other one and my male sc.morsitans got eaten by the female, although in all of my setups there was always food available... I'm SO GLAD my cingulatas are still both there :p. Both of them are actually pretty fat... i think they're the only ones who understood the cricket system...

phil.