Pacman Frog Misting and Humidity

ReapSheep

Arachnopeon
I've had a new pacman frog for a few days now and he seems to be acclimating well, already eating and the sort, but I was wondering about misting and if I even need to do it since I have a humidifier on a timer for him. It goes off every half an hour for 10 minutes and I'm wondering if that's too much, I have it set to that because the humidity in the terrarium drops extremely fast, like from 75 to 38 in a matter of minutes. So I don't know if I should change often it goes off, and if I need to mist him still even though there's cool fog coming in often. The only plants in the tank are some moss pads.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I've had a new pacman frog for a few days now and he seems to be acclimating well, already eating and the sort, but I was wondering about misting and if I even need to do it since I have a humidifier on a timer for him. It goes off every half an hour for 10 minutes and I'm wondering if that's too much, I have it set to that because the humidity in the terrarium drops extremely fast, like from 75 to 38 in a matter of minutes. So I don't know if I should change often it goes off, and if I need to mist him still even though there's cool fog coming in often. The only plants in the tank are some moss pads.
I doubt you need a humidifier. No owners I know use one, but who knows.

I’ve only owned Red Eyes and White’s both tropical. Never used a humidifier, just their tank a bit on the moist side. But different species than you

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Pacmans are some to keep. Moist substrate that they can burrow into, large shallow water dish, and warm. Plus lots of food.
Using a humidifier is likely to lower the temperature, so not great!

ReapSheep

Arachnopeon
His substrate is indeed moist and he does have a water dish, temperature isn’t a problem as is stays at a stable 84-79 degrees even when the humidifier is on. I just don’t know if it’s humid enough because the hydrometer I have always drops down to like low 30’s in a few minutes.

Ian14

Arachnobaron
Provided the substrate is moist its fine.
Humidity is a measure of the amount of water vapour in the air, that's all.
I've been keeping and breeding herps for the last 33 years, and humidity has always been a hangup for many keepers. It isn't. Apart from certain reptile species from the tropical equator, its not a major concern. Amphibians get their moisture from their environment. So a moist substrate, aquatic area etc, and they are fine.

emartinm28

Arachnoknight
Moisture in the substrate and a water dish is all they really need. You’re gonna get a lot of bacteria using that humidifier