Package life???

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
How long can a T. survive when shipped? I ask as i got a A.seemani and a H.lividium shipped to me monday and still arent here i am getting worried!

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
It all depends on the temperature during shipping and if they had plenty of food and water before they shipped or how close to a molt they were. A lot of variables to give you a number. If you get them today or tomorrow, theres a real good chance they will be fine if they were packed right.

jmhendric

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I ordered from northwest inverts last week one L. parahybana I did the prority mail expecting to see it yesterday . I tried contacting nw and have had no luck:mad:

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Last summer I had a box go missing for three weeks that was going to New York. The buyer had recieved the replacements way way before the first box turned up and the scary part was there was an adult female Smithi and a juvie male, but they made it.
I agree though it depends on the temps when that box was shipped.

lunixweb

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I've suffered the same one month ago, I ordered in UK some slings (p regalis, b albiceps & c crawshayi) they sent my package on monday, it arrived next day but the local mail service didn't delivery soon, I was waiting all the week and until next Tuesday (eight days after) they delivery to me, I was furious and really worried but my T's were fine, and now are perfectly.. :D

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I think there was a post on here where somebody misplaced a freebie while unpacking a shipment and found it a couple months later still alive in the cup. If a spider can go months or even a year in the wild without food or water why not do it in a cup? Temp is the killer.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Temps, and the perfect ratio of air circulation to moisture is key to long package survival. If packed well, and temps are moderate, they can go weeks.

-Sean

Last edited:

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Well it is about 20 where i live and the cobalt molted a week before being shipped. Other than that should be packed normal i HOPE:confused:

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think there was a post on here where somebody misplaced a freebie while unpacking a shipment and found it a couple months later still alive in the cup. If a spider can go months or even a year in the wild without food or water why not do it in a cup? Temp is the killer.
i misplaced a freebie G. rosea a few months back. it was in the shipping vial, in a bag of shipping "popcorn" that was in my garage for almost 4 weeks before i found it. the sling molted about 6 days ago and ate a roach nymph last night. {D

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just had 2 Cyclosternum fasciatum females make a 2 day trip in 85-90F degree weather. Her packaging job was very good so that could explain it.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i misplaced a freebie G. rosea a few months back. it was in the shipping vial, in a bag of shipping "popcorn" that was in my garage for almost 4 weeks before i found it. the sling molted about 6 days ago and ate a roach nymph last night. {D
Yes, i believe that was the post i was thinking of. Since it was a rosea i guess longevity is to be expected...

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
Well the post office just phoned that there here so i am going to go pick them up wish me luck...:)

Tacoman

Arachnopeon
WEll they arivved alive and the cobalt wash more than happy to give me a threat pose lol... anyways the A.seemani is a little bit slow and not wanting to move so igave them some water some food and we shall se what happens.:D :D