P.Victori aka Mexican half & half makes cocoon

Dorifto

He who moists xD
When I was just starting, I read something about using it because of one of the chemicals generally present in tap water (chlorine maybe?)
To remove chlorine just leave the water bottle open for an hour, it evaporates very quick. Other different thing it's chloramine. Here it's banned so we can use tap water without much issues.

Are you using distilled or deionized water? They are different.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Are you using distilled or deionized water? They are different.
I believe it is "distilled". It's just a gallon jug from the grocery store... If it's a concern, I can easily refill the half that I've used up with tap water (and let that sit open for an hour 🤷)

Dorifto

He who moists xD
I believe it is "distilled". It's just a gallon jug from the grocery store... If it's a concern, I can easily refill the half that I've used up with tap water (and let that sit open for an hour 🤷)
While distilled it's more like the rain water, deionized ones are chemically treated to remove ions from it, but they can still maintain organic compounds on it.

Once used deionized water by mistake, and it killed my springtails colony...

When it's rain season, I use low mineral bottled water, simply because the impurities and lime clog my nozzles. Rest of the year I use tap water.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
While distilled it's more like the rain water, deionized ones are chemically treated to remove ions from it, but they can still maintain organic compounds on it.

Once used deionized water by mistake, and it killed my springtails colony...

When it's rain season, I use low mineral bottled water, simply because the impurities and lime clog my nozzles. Rest of the year I use tap water.
I only have the 6 T's and a small bin of feeder crickets, so not issues with filters or nozzles or anything like that -- I just use a 10mL glad pipette to dispense into water dishes and substrate. So far they have been fine with distilled, and it sounds like I don't have to worry about subbing in tap water.