P. transvaalicus mated

quiz

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
nice pics bro. The chela of the male doesn't look that bulbous. Almost as big as the females chela :D . GL with the babies ;P

Ythier

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Female is quite small compared to male for a P.transvaalicus. Are you sure she's adult ?
Look at this couple:

Alakdan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
How big was your mating enclosure?

I tried to mate my P. trans last night. I observed that they danced differently from my other scorps. It wasn't your usual "cha cha". At one point they seemed to walk side by side holding hands.:?

I figured there wasn't enough space.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Female is quite small compared to male for a P.transvaalicus. Are you sure she's adult ?
Look at this couple:
That's a big diff in size. No, I'm not sure she's an adult, esp. after looking at your pic.

"I tried to mate my P. trans last night. I observed that they danced differently from my other scorps. It wasn't your usual "cha cha". At one point they seemed to walk side by side holding hands."

I put them in a small Rubbermaid tub, I think a 5 gal with a large flat rock for the mating. I believe I know what you mean concerning the mating behavior compared to other species I've seen mate. It looked a lot more "nervous" looking to me compared to some others. Well if she's not mature, hope he can wait it out until then.