P.scrofa feeding question....

eporter

Arachnopeon
I have a p.scrofa or dwarf chilean copper, it is about 1/2 in long from 1st right to 4th right leg. my question stems from the fact that his abdomen 'looks' absolutely huge, like half of his body size, but he still takes crickets rather fiercly. i feed him every other day, i wanna keep feeding him as he is eating buuttt i don't wanna over feed him and split his abdomen....does this species eat like an LP?:? there isn't a lot of info i could find on this species.... constructive input would be nice:worship:

Attachments

Abby

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi :) You have a beautiful baby :)

I have two P. scrofa tarantulas.
Mine are also excellent eaters, but I go by abdomen size when feeding them.

I am concerned with overfeeding since I don't want my T to rupture his/her abdomen when molting, or even with the slightest fall.
I wait until their abdomen is about the width of the carapace, or slightly wider, and then try to keep it at that.
I feed mine a small cricket once a week, and that seems to maintain their size, and keep them healthy-looking.

eporter

Arachnopeon
thanks! so it's not too big?? his abdomen just kept lengthening so i was getting concerned that it was too big....but if that size is just about right then i will try to keep it there. :)