P Rufilata new enclosure.

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
I'm very happy how this one turned out. It's definitely an upgrade from the exo. It should be way easier to manage as well. I wanted to give her a jungle gym of sorts. Ample spots to sprawl out on and a full round to retreat to. What more could a Pokie want? Lol Soldering all those holes took a while, but well worth it. 20240515_034011.jpg I opted out of the smaller bin and went to the larger one. I should have done that from the start, but oh well. I believe this is 80qt.

Attachments

Last edited:

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How large is T??
I like Exo’s as they are front and top opening- advantageous.

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
7" DLS. She's getting pretty big. If you look at my pictures you'll see her in December, 2.5-3"

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Can’t tell the height of box, looks short
It kind of is... I thought the same thing, but made it anyways lol I could always put my Cam in here, and just use a taller bin. I like the clarity with this, but at the same time having something taller would only benefit her. I have no issue making another one. She likes to chill on her cork most of the time, but NOT all the time. I think she would adapt to this, but I'd like to give her what she needs. I'm gonna grab few of my bins and I'll post another pic (side by side for comparison. This container is sweet because it has 6 clips and is really well built

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Those are pretty expensive at Walmart now I was going to get a 80qt it was like $25 . So I got a different container for my roaches. I do like the locking lid tho .
Lol As soon as Viper questioned the size I just went out back and burned new holes into the larger one. That's enough carcinogens for me today.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Lol As soon as Viper questioned the size I just went out back and burned new holes into the larger one. That's enough carcinogens for me today.
I use a drill . But it’s less clean .
What store did you find the clearer one in ? Probably too pricey for buying 10 of them . Target discontinued my favorite containers .

HOITrance

Arachnosquire
I'm very happy how this one turned out. It's definitely an upgrade from the exo. It should be way easier to manage as well. I wanted to give her a jungle gym of sorts. Ample spots to sprawl out on and a full round to retreat to. What more could a Pokie want? Lol Soldering all those holes took a while, but well worth it.
Little short but i like it :). I have almost the same set up in a 12x12x18 exo terra. Your female grew that fast? mine is almost 3 years old and is only 6" lol

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
I use a drill . But it’s less clean .
What store did you find the clearer one in ? Probably too pricey for buying 10 of them . Target discontinued my favorite containers .
The clear one I bought at hobby lobby. Maybe $20 I want to say.

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Little short but i like it :). I have almost the same set up in a 12x12x18 exo terra. Your female grew that fast? mine is almost 3 years old and is only 6" lol
Yeah, unreal growth. I have a bunch of pictures of her. I asked back in December if a 12x12x18 would be suitable for a 3" Rufilata. 1 molt later...you bet. Each molt she puts on 1". She's molted I want to say 4 times since I've had her. I talked to the breeder and he said he currently has Rufilata's at 9". And then there have been rare instances he explained... Maybe I have a freak, idk. Tbh this is above my experience level 🤣

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah, unreal growth. I have a bunch of pictures of her. I asked back in December if a 12x12x18 would be suitable for a 3" Rufilata. 1 molt later...you bet. Each molt she puts on 1". She's molted I want to say 4 times since I've had her. I talked to the breeder and he said he currently has Rufilata's at 9". And then there have been rare instances he explained... Maybe I have a freak, idk. Tbh this is above my experience level 🤣
Rare!

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
I don't make a practice of holding my T's. But every once in a while an educational opportunity comes my way. This is my juvenile female G Pulchra "Lucy"

Attachments

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I don't make a practice of holding my T's. But every once in a while an educational opportunity comes my way. This is my juvenile female G Pulchra "Lucy"
Been a while since I ordered anything but I don’t recall seeing this species back then .

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Pokies #1! Size, habit, appearance, boldness etc etc. The ideal display tarantula if there ever is such a thing!

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Pokies #1! Size, habit, appearance, boldness etc etc. The ideal display tarantula if there ever is such a thing!
I really agree. My P Met is the best display Tarantula I have and my P Rufilata has now been following suit after last molt. They can't help themselves but to leave their den and catch some fresh air lol

Kada

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I really agree. My P Met is the best display Tarantula I have and my P Rufilata has now been following suit after last molt. They can't help themselves but to leave their den and catch some fresh air lol
Absolutely! I have my metalicas setup around my sofa in the living room. I am often just laying down, drinking some tea or having a snack and being lazy. Watching them also just chilling on their wood, the glass etc, also being lazy. I am enjoying watching the Stanley cup playoffs with them by my side these days. All of us just chilling, waiting for food to arrive :cool: It's the perfect end to a day of work!

Really is my favorite genus of tarantula. Probably even favorite spiders. Looks like you are enjoying watching yours too :p Such cool animals!

Stu Macher

Ghostface
Arachnosupporter
Absolutely! I have my metalicas setup around my sofa in the living room. I am often just laying down, drinking some tea or having a snack and being lazy. Watching them also just chilling on their wood, the glass etc, also being lazy. I am enjoying watching the Stanley cup playoffs with them by my side these days. All of us just chilling, waiting for food to arrive :cool: It's the perfect end to a day of work!

Really is my favorite genus of tarantula. Probably even favorite spiders. Looks like you are enjoying watching yours too :p Such cool animals!
I love all of my T's equally, but I do have a soft spot for my P Met. I love it now that she's becoming more bold, she actually walks up to the cage when I'm doing maintenance on the other enclosures lol Obv she's ready to throw those legs up, but it's awesome that she's getting that confidence. My P Rufilata is less bold, but visible. More of a gentle giant in the making. But one to be respected for sure lol.