P. Regalis vs s. Calceatum vs p. Muticus vs p. Murinus

Johnn

Arachnoknight
P. Regalis vs s. Calceatum vs p. Muticus vs p. Murinus
So I'm trying to figure out which of these is the worst on average to receive a bite by. Obviously there's yield and then how much of their yield they inoculate you with when they bite and then there's potency. I guess the formula would be bite yield times ld50 and whichever could kill the most weight in whatever species, likely mice, is the winner. So if you have ld50s on these or bite yields that would be awesome. Here's a head start. Only i don't understand what the first number to the left of the plus sign means. I found this on arachnaboards so if anyone knows what that is please feel free to explain but i know this is dealing with yields somehow.

P.regalis 8.7 ± 1.1 mg

S.cal (f) 9.7 ± 9 mg

Pterinochilus sp 4mg

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Btw s. Calceatum yield is 16 mg. Just found that out

I think so too. Pretty sure c. Calciatum wins

Maybe the numbers on the left are wet yield and those on the right are freeEze dried yield

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Btw s. Calceatum yield is 16 mg. Just found that out
Source?

Also, please explain your use of the word “innoculate”, as in your context it makes zero sense.

What don’t you understand about the values you presented? They are venom amounts expressed in units of mass.

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Just a Tip: Capitalization is wrong, the genus is capitalized and the species is lowercase. So it would be P. regalis, S. calceatum, P. muticus, and P. murinus. Also I don't get the math, so I would appreciate a source of info for better understanding if possible.

Strongest venom (potency) is supposed to be S. caleatum and H. maculata I believe. But Poecilotheria can produce a lot of venom in a bite I think.

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Source?

Also, please explain your use of the word “innoculate”, as in your context it makes zero sense.

What don’t you understand about the values you presented? They are venom amounts expressed in units of mass.
Maybe inoculate is wrong. I read it here and have been using it since
[/URL]
But what i don't understand is why there are two numbers
example P.regalis 8.7 ± 1.1 mg
I don't understand if it's saying that it injects 8.7 or 1.1 mg. Dunno if left is wet weight and right is dry or one is male and one female or what. Also i read the 16 mg thing in arachnoboards or another site like it but can't find it right now. I did find this chart however in my phone downloads. The link won't work but a good t yield chart can be found if you Google this. avicularia bizegoi 20.5. The link won't work but if you look that up the first page has tons of ts venom yields a long chart. I just posted it in another post

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
First Choose: Do I want Terrestrial or arboreal?
Once that is answered you are down to 2.
Arboreal: I would go P regalis as I think they are prettier, and have a less potent bite than Stromatopelma.
Terrestrial: I would go P Murinus. Prettier, less of a pet hole, like to make webs.

8 legged

Arachnoprince
But what i don't understand is why there are two numbers
example P.regalis 8.7 ± 1.1 mg
I don't understand if it's saying that it injects 8.7 or 1.1 mg.
The first is the average value, followed by the possible deviation (+ / -).

You copy, post and do not understand what you post? 😂

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Well I was looking for clarification on it so I think I just got it thanks

Johnn

Arachnoknight
Just a Tip: Capitalization is wrong, the genus is capitalized and the species is lowercase. So it would be P. regalis, S. calceatum, P. muticus, and P. murinus. Also I don't get the math, so I would appreciate a source of info for better understanding if possible.

Strongest venom (potency) is supposed to be S. caleatum and H. maculata I believe. But Poecilotheria can produce a lot of venom in a bite I think.
I found a venom chart. Calceatum produces around the same amount as pokies which surprised me