P. regalis sex?

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Your shots of the molt look like they are the wrong side. I thought one was supposed to look on the inside of the molt for the spermathecae, and the outside for fusillae. In any case, congrats on the lady.

I know how to sex a molt :)

funnylori

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I didn't say you didn't. Just said that it looks weird in my opinion.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Funny you bring that up, I have been trying to look at some molts of my Regalis to figure that out. I think it starts to fuse around the 2-3" mark, It cant be much farther past that. But I am having a hard time with the smaller molts I have. So maybe I'll start taking some of my smaller molts to see how early that starts.

If anyone else knows please post!
I would say, they fuse together at a later stage. I have sexed a female at 2", really, you can barely make out the spermathecea. And, at 3" it's noticeable but not fused. Well, from what i have seen anyways.

verry_sweet

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I pulled the molt out of the trash and took a pic so you guys can see the size. Remember I had a really hard time finding the spematheica at this size. I'll keep this thread updated through out her molts.

And here are some pics of her since the molt. She does look really dark still :confused: I was having so much fun snapping pics I totally forgot to measure her while I had her out. I’m guessing a little over 3.5 inches now and such a good girl.

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Aww she's so sweet. Can't wait for mine to get that big :D