p. regalis male making me angry

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
i put this male in with my female. he starts drumming, she shows a clear interest, and then he runs away. she's literally chasing after him and tapping like crazy, and he's running away. then he starts tapping again, only to run away when she comes to meet him. echhhhhh. what a wuss of a spidey.

Anastasia

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
ghh, u'd be wuss too
if ya know ya can end up as a dinner :D

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Thats normal, Leave 'em together as they will probably mate tonight when the lights are turned out. Thats how mine did

spideyboy

Arachnopeon
oh ok sweet. i was starting to think i wound up with a uniquely horrible male.

KJE

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Just don't watch them and you'll be fine. LOL! The male I had did the same thing. At first it drove me nuts, but once I saw them hook up I was hoping my female would just eat him so it wouldn't bug me. Of course, she never did. He ended up dying of old age in her enclosure. She missed out on a great meal.

Tunedbeat

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Give them some more time. You might not see the male again, if you leave them together.

EDED

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
maybe hes confused ;)

j/k

i had two instances where an old male mated 2 spiders fine but with the third female he ran away then drummed then ran away again, i gave up on him, second instance a fresh male would do the same thing so i gave the male a break, maybe 7-10 days lots of feeding and kept dark, and the next try was fine as he went right for her.

so you could give him a break of 7-10 days if hes not too old, then try again if you want to see the mating occur otherwise leaving them together you can only assume they did it after awhile.

goodluck

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i noticed the same behavior mating regalis over here.the male was left in with my females for around a week each until he was eaten.so we'll see what happens