P.regalis egg sac.

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
Big Mama Pokie (P.regalis) has just dropped an egg sac. Is the critical time for this species around 30 days or so?

Cheers,
Dave

safetypinup

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Nice job! Congratulations....

I would watch her *very* closely for the next 30 days or so, though. As you said, this is the "crucial" time. Poecs have been known to munch their eggsacs, so if you're especially concerned, you could go ahead and take it away from her early (I've taken eggsacs away from spiders as soon as 3 or 4 days after laying the sac, and they've turned out fine with some extra monitoring).

Good luck, and post some pictures :)

Also, out of curiosity, how long after breeding did she lay the sac??

conipto

ArachnoPrincess
Old Timer
Awesome Dave.

How long after hooking up did she drop the sack?

Bill

RugbyDave

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
CONGRATS!!!

let us know how they're doing and how quickly we're going to get our ARACHNOPETS board member discount :)

but seriously, i've taken away eggsacs as early as a week, and as long as you really keep a keen eye on it, it shouldn't be too too bad..

but good luck my friend!
peace,
dave

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
We're going to leave it with her for 30 days. She is in an out-of-the-way spot and Tamara and I are willing to risk it. I don't know when she was mated, as that is in Tamara's record book and I don't know where it is. We really need to clean out our office. If I had to make a guess I'd say 5 months or so.

Cheers,
Dave